Cliff Politte on the Score with JHood:

CSF

He's already been on for awhile, but from what I've heard, he said he's 100% healthy, and JHood joked with him that if he felt hurt to please let someone know right away. He said he's aiming to be a setup man for an inning to set up either Koch or Marte. He sounds optimistic, and if things work out, we could possibly have another Marte or Gordon in the 'pen.

I wish JHood would've asked him about his velocity. I read his profile on ESPN, and it said he had a fastball that hit 96 mph before he got hurt. He said he's going back to his 2 seamer more, and will also utilize his slider. I hope he has the pop back on his fastball.

Like most of the players, I say let their play prove their worth. Hopefully Politte is healthy and has the gas and is a pretty valuable setup man for the club. He has good stuff and has been sucessful, so I say their is a decent shot.

Like I say, him, Tagatsu and Koch step up with Marte and Wunsch being the same old then the Sox are going to have a fantastic bullpen, but the opposite could happen.

Like most of the players, I say let their play prove their worth.  Hopefully Politte is healthy and has the gas and is a pretty valuable setup man for the club.  He has good stuff and has been sucessful, so I say their is a decent shot.

Like I say, him, Tagatsu and Koch step up with Marte and Wunsch being the same old then the Sox are going to have a fantastic bullpen, but the opposite could happen.

I wouldn't discount Wright either, he has the stuff to be a great reliever. The hard part for Guillen is going to be getting these guys consistent work.

But Koch is still the key, not only to the pen but to the season. If he's back to form things fall into place nicely, if not, then I'd prefer he go on the DL for the yr so things can coalece around another option.

I also think that Arnie could be our late season FRod, that is if he doesn't make the team out of ST which is very possible if we carry 12.