Democratic Debate

Chisoxfn

But I've been watching it to try and see the other candidates views. I'm also looking if by some outside chance I'd like what a person said enough to sway my vote from Bush, who I'm not exactly pleased with.

On a sidenote, I think Edwards did a fairly strong job and I'll give the democratic candidates credit for trying to stay away from bashing each other and sticking to going against Bush, which is their ultimate goal (as a republican, it probably isn't a good thing).

I also got to say that Al Sharpton was hillarious. He had me laughing out loud quite a few times.

My mind didn't change though, if somehow a democrat becomes the next president, I'd hope it would be Edwards. I would of said Lieberman, but that isn't going to happen.

I'll still stick with Bush, because none of the independent candidates go with my base. Bush gets my base, but he does some other things that are ridiculous.

And for whoever decided to do this debate, don't ever ever ever have Larry King run anything. The guy is a complete boob. He ignored some of the candidates, was completely zoned out at times and kept interrupting the candidates when they were trying to debate and get their side out.

None of the candidates were using personal attacks so he should of let them speak their minds and get their stance out without hearing a guy trying to interrupt them every few seconds.

What a complete boob.

Jas I missed the debate - I was out - and I really appreciate your comments.

You still need to reconsider how you vote!!! :lol:

but that was an excellent insightful review and your commentary was the type of sharing of one's thinking that I appreciate a lot to really understansd what people are feeling

I still find it amazing that Dennis Kucinich and Al Sharpton are still runnin to be the Democractic Candidate.  :lol:

They are both issue candidates, they knew they weren't going to win, they just wanted their agenda to get put into the debates, and i think they have done an excellent job of that

They are both issue candidates, they knew they weren't going to win, they just wanted their agenda to get put into the debates, and i think they have done an excellent job of that

They both did a good job getting their issues across and I still have to say man was Sharpton hillarious.

The big reason I can't vote for the democratic candidates is because my core beliefs differ from their core beliefs. I think things like health care for everyone are great, but I also like to know how they plan on paying for it. And when the ways to pay for it are raising taxes, then I firmly disagree, simply because I don't believe people who pay more money should take on an even higher tax burden.

I believe this country was founded on the fact that people could go out and get a job, work hard and if they were able to come up with a great idea or a great way, turn themselves into self made millionaires or billionaires.

I probably should just end it at this, cause I'd have to write a few page post explaining everything, so I'll just save that for closer to the election. Plus I still want to see how everything plays out. Who Bushes new running mate is, what all goes on.

how do you check to see if you are registered and how do you register if not already done.

Most schools allow you to register to vote (their are booths usually around campus or at least places). Otherwise I think their's a website you can register on, something like us.gov I would image or rockthevote.com

Also, I think Libraries have that type of information.

I believe this country was founded on the fact that people could go out and get a job, work hard and if they were able to come up with a great idea or a great way, turn themselves into self made millionaires or billionaires

You left out the trillionaires, possibly the most taxed and persecuted sub-minority in the US. :angry:

I believe this country was founded on the fact that people could go out and get a job, work hard and if they were able to come up with a great idea or a great way, turn themselves into self made millionaires or billionaires. 

Your country was founded by people getting slaves to make them into millionaires, not that herd work self made crap. I will never understand how people with little money want the government to protect the people who have money.

Your country was founded by people getting slaves to make them into millionaires, not that herd work self made crap. I will never understand how people with little money want the government to protect the people who have money.

Oh don't even go there, nah-uh! :nono

Why don't you read some Horatio Alger, you Un-American swine :usa

Your country was founded by people getting slaves to make them into millionaires, not that herd work self made crap.  I will never understand how people with little money want the government to protect the people who have money.

For me its because one day I plan on being very wealthy and no, I won't turn into a self serving, high and mighty bastard like some wealthy people.

But I do think people have the right to turn themselves into millionaires if they work hard, etc, etc and I don't think the government should take their money and give it to others.

In my econ class today we had a nice debate on the subject referring to the rich and the poor and the theories of how inequality may actually be good for development. Of cousre the people that supposedly save the most in the economy are the middle class because they are aspiring to be wealthy and economists theorize that saving means your investing in capital which helps an economy grow further, so having some inequality would be good.

Of course like everything, this could be debated 10 fold and if there was one definate answer that we knew, the debate probably wouldn't be as sharp and we'd be focusing on other things.

As far as the hard work stuff, I've witnesses and heard stories from my own family of people that grew up with absolute nothing and have turned themselves into people with something.

My grandpa worked on a railroad assembly line, my other grandpa was a farmer and my dad lived in a rural farming community. People fight, they are resilent and they bust their ass and when the factories went out and they were faced with hard times, they found other ways and became successful. Of course thats a very small sample I'm personally looking at and politics definately deals in part with your own life experience.

For me its because one day I plan on being very wealthy and no, I won't turn into a self serving, high and mighty bastard like some wealthy people. 

But I do think people have the right to turn themselves into millionaires if they work hard, etc, etc and I don't think the government should take their money and give it to others.

In my econ class today we had a nice debate on the subject referring to the rich and the poor and the theories of how inequality may actually be good for development.  Of cousre the people that supposedly save the most in the economy are the middle class because they are aspiring to be wealthy and economists theorize that saving means your investing in capital which helps an economy grow further, so having some inequality would be good.

Of course like everything, this could be debated 10 fold and if there was one definate answer that we knew, the debate probably wouldn't be as sharp and we'd be focusing on other things. 

As far as the hard work stuff, I've witnesses and heard stories from my own family of people that grew up with absolute nothing and have turned themselves into people with something. 

My grandpa worked on a railroad assembly line, my other grandpa was a farmer and my dad lived in a rural farming community.  People fight, they are resilent and they bust their ass and when the factories went out and they were faced with hard times, they found other ways and became successful.  Of course thats a very small sample I'm personally looking at and politics definately deals in part with your own life experience.

Agreed that this is a never ending debate, I'm not trying to turn you but those hard working railway workers would undoubtedly benefit from some free heath care for instance and still not comprimise their desire to become very wealthy. We shallst disagree, but we understand each other I am certain.