Sox ranked 18th in initial power poll

southsider2k5

gives something for the sox to fight for.  I think they'll do very well in the underdog role this year.

You do have point there. They did not do so well in the favored role last year.

I'm starting to be optimistic and dammit, I did not want to do that. The opening weekend sucked the life out of me last year, I was so pumped up.

A brief recap

KANSAS CITY 3, CHI WHITE SOX 0

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Ticker) -- Tony Pena may have found a new way to set his rotation.

Runelvys Hernandez , who won a coin toss to earn the Opening Day nod, tossed the best game of his brief career, combining with two relievers on a three-hitter as the Kansas City Royals posted a 3-0 triumph over the Chicago White Sox .

The 24-year-old righthander allowed just a single, a double and a walk in six innings. He struck out five and threw 55 of 77 pitches for strikes.

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Ticker) -- The Kansas City Royals are off to a sizzling start, at least by their standards.

Joe Randa hit a two-run homer off Rick White in the bottom of the seventh inning as the Royals opened a season with back-to-back wins for the first time in 24 years with a 5-4 victory over the Chicago White Sox .

Rookie Angel Berroa reached on a throwing error by shortstop Tony Graffanino before Randa belted an 0-1 pitch from Rick White (0-1) over the center field fence to break a 3-3 tie.

The Royals, who blanked the White Sox , 3-0, on Monday, are off to their best start since winning their first three games in 1979.

And who can forget Billy Botches :fyou effort here

KANSAS CITY 12, CHI WHITE SOX 6

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Ticker) -- The Kansas City Royals have opened a season with three straight wins for the first time since the days of Amos Otis and Pete LaCock .

Brent Mayne matched career highs with four hits and four RBI as the Royals rallied for a 12-6 triumph over the Chicago White Sox .

Kansas City is 3-0 for the first time since 1979 and just the fourth time in franchise history.

"We've been talking about that (starting fast)," Royals manager Tony Pena said. "I believe it is very important since we are a young team. In spring training, we played so well (19-10, the best mark in the majors), it was important to carry over the momentum from spring training and that's what we're doing right now."

The Royals were trailing, 6-5, entering the bottom of the eighth inning when Ken Harvey 's go-ahead two-run single ignited a two-out, seven-run rally. On the next pitch following Harvey's single, Mayne belted a three-run shot to left off closer Billy Koch - who pitched to six batters in the eighth without recording an out.

You do have point there. They did not do so well in the favored role last year.

I'm starting to be optimistic and dammit,  I did not want to do that. The opening weekend sucked the life out of me last year, I was so pumped up.

A brief recap

KANSAS CITY 3, CHI WHITE SOX 0

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Ticker) -- Tony Pena may have found a new way to set his rotation.

Runelvys Hernandez , who won a coin toss to earn the Opening Day nod, tossed the best game of his brief career, combining with two relievers on a three-hitter as the Kansas City Royals posted a 3-0 triumph over the Chicago White Sox .

The 24-year-old righthander allowed just a single, a double and a walk in six innings. He struck out five and threw 55 of 77 pitches for strikes.

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Ticker) -- The Kansas City Royals  are off to a sizzling start, at least by their standards.

Joe Randa hit a two-run homer off Rick White in the bottom of the seventh inning as the Royals opened a season with back-to-back wins for the first time in 24 years with a 5-4 victory over the Chicago White Sox .

Rookie Angel Berroa reached on a throwing error by shortstop Tony Graffanino before Randa belted an 0-1 pitch from Rick White (0-1) over the center field fence to break a 3-3 tie.

The Royals, who blanked the White Sox , 3-0, on Monday, are off to their best start since winning their first three games in 1979.

And who can forget Billy Botches  :fyou  effort here

KANSAS CITY 12, CHI WHITE SOX 6

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Ticker) -- The Kansas City Royals have opened a season with three straight wins for the first time since the days of Amos Otis and Pete LaCock .

Brent Mayne matched career highs with four hits and four RBI as the Royals rallied for a 12-6 triumph over the Chicago White Sox .

Kansas City is 3-0 for the first time since 1979 and just the fourth time in franchise history.

"We've been talking about that (starting fast)," Royals manager Tony Pena said. "I believe it is very important since we are a young team. In spring training, we played so well (19-10, the best mark in the majors), it was important to carry over the momentum from spring training and that's what we're doing right now."

The Royals were trailing, 6-5, entering the bottom of the eighth inning when Ken Harvey 's go-ahead two-run single ignited a two-out, seven-run rally. On the next pitch following Harvey's single, Mayne belted a three-run shot to left off closer Billy Koch - who pitched to six batters in the eighth without recording an out.

dont worry tex...ill do my best to fight your onset of optimism :lol:

Indians got ranked in da top 20 cos Rob Neyer gav em sum luv callin them his sleeper team of 2004 that COULD win 85 games this season. Giants are ranked way too low, should easily be above the Twins and Royals. I can't see how San Diego is ranked 1 spot above them too. Toronto is in the top 10 because they've got betta pitching to help out Roy Halliday. I can't see how the Baltimore Orioles are ranked below the Indians as well, down at 23. But I think we should be in the 15 to 20 bracket, no higher, no lower.