Pitchers 1, Hitters 1

Cali

Just because Gload hits the ball doesnt mean that he's seeing the ball/Garland is throwing balls up to hit. Remember when Bartolo had like a 3 hitter and lost because 2 of the hits were HRs? I know i've gone 1-4 with a huge double and 1 or 2 k's and a weak grounder before.

If this keeps up, the whole team will be on Injured Reserve come Opening Day.....

If that's the case we should hav predictions of who's goin to be injured next. I know Pastime would suggest Paul Konerko pullin a hamstring from runnin so hard to first base. :lol:

If that's the case we should hav predictions of who's goin to be injured next. I know Pastime would suggest Paul Konerko pullin a hamstring from runnin so hard to first base.

He doesn't run - he plods. I don't think you can pull a hammy that way. :D

I know Garland only got "nicked" and bruised, but imagine if he had gotten his elbow shattered or something like that.

The lack of depth in our rotation is frighteningly shallow, and if we had to pitch 2-3 rookies in our rotation, then we can only hope they would turn out like the late-80s Braves staffs. They took their pounding, learned on the job, and turned out pretty good.

I know Garland only got "nicked" and bruised, but imagine if he had gotten his elbow shattered or something like that. 

The lack of depth in our rotation is frighteningly shallow, and if we had to pitch 2-3 rookies in our rotation, then we can only hope they would turn out like the late-80s Braves staffs.  They took their pounding, learned on the job, and turned out pretty good.

ahhhh thats scary stuff. i would definetly have to give up at that point.

ahhhh thats scary stuff. i would definetly have to give up at that point.

Why would you "give up"? How do we know that Diaz/Cotts/Pacheco/whoever else is put in the rotation doesn't excel with flying colors, leading us to a division winning team, giving us 3 good starters for the playoffs, where we destroy everything in our path(I think I've said that like 4 or 5 times now this offseason :) ).

Hey, it could happen. Sometimes, that's why injuries are good things. If you want a comparison, try in the NFL with New England. If Drew Bledsoe never gets hurt, Tom Brady never gets in, and Bledsoe is still probably there, which means he's not in Buffalo, which means New England continues to slip below .500 for these past 3 years, Buffalo then has the #16 overall pick in the 2003 draft, they then trade Peerless Price to Atlanta for the #23 pick overall, they trade both of those picks to Chicago for the #4 pick overall, and they select Byron Leftwich out of Marshall. It could have happened that way, and all it took was one injury.

Why would you "give up"?  How do we know that Diaz/Cotts/Pacheco/whoever else is put in the rotation doesn't excel with flying colors, leading us to a division winning team, giving us 3 good starters for the playoffs, where we destroy everything in our path(I think I've said that like 4 or 5 times now this offseason :) ).

Hey, it could happen.  Sometimes, that's why injuries are good things.  If you want a comparison, try in the NFL with New England.  If Drew Bledsoe never gets hurt, Tom Brady never gets in, and Bledsoe is still probably there, which means he's not in Buffalo, which means New England continues to slip below .500 for these past 3 years, Buffalo then has the #16 overall pick in the 2003 draft, they then trade Peerless Price to Atlanta for the #23 pick overall, they trade both of those picks to Chicago for the #4 pick overall, and they select Byron Leftwich out of Marshall.  It could have happened that way, and all it took was one injury.

Not everyone sees baseball the way you see it...alot of people are sold on hype and what is on SportsCenter. I agree with you 100%, and I will not say the season is over until we are mathmatically eliminated.