The Oscars

Jesus Christ could Peter Jackson actually buy a suit that fits him? He just looks like a fat dirty old man, like he just snuck into the Academy Awards from the street. I think it's the same one he wore at the Golden Globes and he didn't wash it between then and now.

Man Jackson really looked terrible, were all his cast and crew afraid to tell him that he looks like a homeless man who found a suit?

Nobody mentioned this but Jack Black and Will Ferrell's song was hilarious :lol:

Go Bill Murray, C'mon!!!!

sure bets:

picture LOTR

actress Charize Theron

director Jackson

score howard Shore LOTR

orig screenplay Sophia Coppola

animated Nemo

documentary Capturing the Friedmans

foreign Barbarian Invasions

very probable

actor Sean Penn

sup act Tim Robbins

I am happy Sean Penn finally got his and this was so well deserved

other than missing on documentary, that makes my picks 9-1

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

the sacrifice that Charlize Theron thanked her mother for was that Mom Theron killed Dad Theron and saved Charlize's life (as well as Mrs Theron's life)

the story

I'll make some predictions

Picture: ROTK

Actor: Penn

Actress: Theron

Sup Actor: Robbins

Sup Actress: Aghdashloo

Director: Jackson

Screenplay: Lost in Translation (original) ROTK (adapted)

and RibbieR was 7-1, missing on supporting actress -

Ribbie, I know everyone else was afraid to take us on! :lol: :headbang

Was the last LOTR's film that much better than the others?

I haven't seen any so I can't critique.

But it seems to me, I've been hearing for months that LOTR was going to win, moreso as a nod to all of the movies.

And if they are into awarding them for a trilogy of movies shouldn't be compared to trilogies. (Terminator, Star Wars, Aliens, Star Trek, all fantasy based movies with multiple sequels.)

:canada

Best Foreign language film, I hope you can all understand my foreign language.

Lol, I second that. I saw the film in Montreal as well as its Predecessor. Viva le Quebec! And yeah, Canada's pretty cool too, eh? I was volunteering at a real swanky Oscar party benefit thinger and that's one of those awards that no one cares about but I'm all jumping and screaming for the Canadiens on that one. I just e-mailed all my Quebecois friends. Woohoo! :canada :canada :canada

Looking back that was a pretty s***ty Oscars. I only watched because I wanted to see Bill Murray win, and he didn't. But watching LOTR sweep was extremely boring it's like watching a blowout in the Super Bowl, or the '98 and '99 World Series

Was the last LOTR's film that much better than the others?

I haven't seen any so I can't critique. 

But it seems to me, I've been hearing for months that LOTR was going to win, moreso as a nod to all of the movies.

And if they are into awarding them for a trilogy of movies shouldn't be compared to trilogies.  (Terminator, Star Wars, Aliens, Star Trek, all fantasy based movies with multiple sequels.)

Pretty much rite on da money there Cheat, they won all those awards as a nod for the whole trilogy pretty much. Gotta say lots of funny New Zealand jokes from Billy Crystal as well. :headbang