aboz!!!!!! and other beatles fans

cwsox

Had to go to and from Chicago yesterday and toik all 3 double cds that were put out in the 90s, the anthology stuff -

I have never really listened to them in attentive detail -

they were so interestting I started reading the liner notes song by song (granted, not a safe practice when driving 80)

there is some great stuff on those (both cd and liner notes! have you heard them? One of my favorite moments was hearing them in the studio switch from 4/4 time to 3/4 time in 1 second flat because the original tempo was not working - they reworked that music on the fly - but there is sme incredible stuff on there -

if you have not heard them, do so so we can talk and anyone else please join in

the one palce I got moved to tears was they had All my Loving as played on the Ed Sullivan show on 2-9-64 - I don't have the dvd of that which you have and this is the first time I have heard the Sullivan intro with the song in full since that day 40 years ago - my father started yelling "turn that junk off" and I said the one word answer tha changed our family forever, a word the Italian father never expected from the only son: "No." I had expected to not like them and I really fell for them in those first few notes - we battled our way through the first set and for the second my mother made my father stay in the kitchen with the door closed and me in the living room with the door closed for the second set, not because she liked them at all but it was the only way to end the insurrection in the household - a scene repeated all across America that night

of course last night my father choose to reminense abut how much yelling he did and how he fought with me constantly over things that were unimportant and I am going yeah yeah yeah ---

from objecting to my getting Meet The Beatles for a present, to my slipping all the 45s into the hosue to buying me a radio and phonograph, my George doll, the White Album (you paid $6 for that yell yell yell) all the way to digging through my stuff and finding the original John and Yoko 2 Virgins picture in a box so he threw out the whole box of things (museum quality rarities) that I had collected in the 60s and early 70s

enough nostalgia - George's first acoustic While My Guitar Gently Weeps is so moving as is the under rchestrated versions of All things Must Pass and Something in which he sings it with such blues passion - the way Paul and John rewrote words on the fly, the musical experimentation - it was so worth it to listen to all 3 double cds which as it worked out, got me to Chicago and back-