Final Four Picks

Way too early for final four picks, wait until the brackets are out.

Illinois, cmon.  That kool-aid is flowing.

We like to dream every year, we're not privledged to have such an elite school such as Kansas. :notworthy

Frankly though, i've said this since the Temple game at the Palestra earlier this year, this is the best squad overall since our Elite 8 run back in 2001. Im not sure we can get a Final 4 run out of us, but dont be surprised to see us dancing around the sweet 16 and into the elite 8. I've had my second guesses about this team all year, especially when we played so bad against Providence and Northwestern, but our latest run has proven that we can string together wins over teams trying to fight their way into the tourney.

Early Final 4 Picks, Duke, St. Joes, Miss St., Wake Forest ( I hate the ACC too)

Next up for Illinois: A pissed off Purdue team that wont be too happy about Madison.

Go Illini! :headbang

Way too early for final four picks, wait until the brackets are out.

Illinois, cmon.  That kool-aid is flowing.

So what? Let everyone else have some fun. Its way too early to be making baseball predictions as well, yet everyone else seems to be having fun doing it. Relax and let the non-Kansas world have some fun.

Wake Forest - This is my semi sleeper team. They have all the key ingredients. Good PG(Paul), good scorer(Gray), good low post player(Williams), and good bench/depth.

Duke - This team also has all the key ingredients, and they might be the best team in the country.

UConn - This team has the most talent on paper. Okafor might be the most dominating big man since Tim Duncan. They are extremely deep and have great size down low. I still consider them a risky pick, but they also seem to play to other teams talent level, and this is a team that could get upset.

Stanford - Living in Pac 10 country I have seen them play multiple times and they are for real. The fact that they have gone almost half the season without their top big man(Davis) and still gone haven't lost is remarkable. This team is extremely deep and has great chemisty.

Other teams to watch out for.

Texas - One of my preseason final 4 picks. They are really starting to play well and have enough talent to get to the final 4. Their PG play could be the only thing that holds them back.

Missouri - Another one of my preseason final 4 picks. After a terrible start they have caught fire and won their last 6. This team has a ton of talent and are getting hot at the right time, which could spell a long run in the tourny.

Kentucky - They really show that cats have 9 lives with all their close wins. They have a veteran team and have shown that they can win the close games.

Georgia Tech - Have cooled off a bit, but I have a hunch that this team could be very dangerous in the Tourny. They are very deep and very athletic.

Pittsburgh - They have flown under the radar for most of the season, but it is hard to ignore their 24-3(their 3 loses by a combined 7 points) record. Carl Krauser is one of the best kept secrets in the college game.

• 2 weeks later...