Wirtz kicked out Sully

Post ur "I hate Wirtz" messages here,

It's rumored that an enraged Hawks owner Bill Wirtz demanded that general manager Bob Pulford trade Sullivan because of a dressing-room conversation with teammates in which Sullivan intimated the team's portion of the profit-and-loss study commissioned by the NHL was inaccurate because it allegedly didn't include skybox revenue.

Did somebody squeal to Wirtz? "I have no idea," Sullivan replied. "I'm not too concerned about who was around and what was said. That was then, and this is now.

Pulford steadfastly denies Wirtz made him make the trade because Sullivan shot off his mouth. "No truth to it whatsoever," the GM said. According to Pulford, the restricted free agent making $3 million yearly was unwilling to take a pay cut after his contract expires this year and was traded because the Hawks feared they'd lose if the sides went to arbitration.

Sullivan was in a supermarket, stocking up for a card party that night, when he got the word he was gone. "I was in the middle of my wife's grocery list when Mr. Pulford called on my cell phone and told me I'd been traded," he said. "I left the cart right there, apologized and went home. That little party turned out to be a farewell party."