Twins Dissing White Sox

DBAHO

all he said was the sox were quiet this off season...is he wrong???

baggs, I think everyone is talking about Shannon Stewart's quote(and then Phil's blurb after that)

"It's going to be tough, a lot tougher," Stewart said. "Detroit's looking good, real good. Kansas City is going to be tough. Cleveland's got some young players who will be good in a couple of years, if not this year. They're going to be all right. It's not going to be an easy division. It's not an easy division, especially not with Detroit, the way they look on paper."

Detroit? What about the White Sox?

Do you see Shannon mention the White Sox in that quote at all?

Ryan is not wrong, in fact, I agree with Ryan...it's hard not to. But what Stewart said, or what he didn't say, is bulletin board material.

My hate for the twins continues to rise.  I think ozzie will definitely be using this on the bulletin board this year as he should.  I'm expecting a brawl this season.

:lolhitting i remember when the sox brawled with detroit and keith foulke had to get stiches by his eye. just hope that if they do brawl none of our guys get hurt.

Despite the blatent sarcastic tone I understand your point.  I wasn't regarding the particular article Dbaho listed as "fire" to be lit under the sox. Nothing was said in the article to suggest the Twins are dissing the sox (Situation is similar to that of Frank Thomas: whom recieved bad press despite not saying ONE word over the off season). 

When you said "Who cares" (in the first post) and I replied "the White Sox to being underdogs", it was not intended to suggest the aritcle is bulliten board material.  I "found it interesting" that Phil Rogers believes were underdogs in this weak division. 

:fthecubs

Believe it or not, I wasn't intending to be as sarcastic as you thought. I was trying to tell it straight up.

My initial response was the idea that the Sox were being dissed and had nothing to do with the Sox being underdogs or not. Nor were any of my comments directed at you, but at the general atmosphere of the message board.

My point is/was simply, why worry about what everyone else does or says? Why try to create "bulletin board" material? Baseball is played out over 6 months and 162 games. While it is great to be excited about your team, life is too short to take everything everyone says so literally and get worked up over it.

I can't argue with the Sox being underdogs. They haven't proven anything other than the fact they are worse (on paper) than last year and they underacheived last year. I believe the season for the Sox will be determined by May 15. I think they will be better than expected by that time and have a good season, or they will be much worse and on their way to imploding. I just don't see a lot of middle ground for this team.

they are not the same team they use to be.

After you take off the rose-colored glasses, you'd realize we aren't the same team either. Losing Colon will be have a bigger impact then any of us will realize, and Gordon's production will have to be received from somewhere. Getting rid of Manuel was very nice though.

The Twins biggest losses were two relievers and a catcher, and while all 3 were very good, they are not, IMO, like losing a Bartolo Colon. Joe Nathan is a solid reliever, and I believe they also got Carlos Silva and Pete Munro, who are also solid relievers, and Joe Mauer was the #1 pick overall for a reason, and while he will most likely not reach his full potential this year, I can see him putting up double digit homers and a solid average.

Just because the Twins lost quite a bit does not mean they are not a dangerous team still. We lost quite a bit too.

After you take off the rose-colored glasses, you'd realize we aren't the same team either.  Losing Colon will be have a bigger impact then any of us will realize, and Gordon's production will have to be received from somewhere.  Getting rid of Manuel was very nice though.

The Twins biggest losses were two relievers and a catcher, and while all 3 were very good, they are not, IMO, like losing a Bartolo Colon.  Joe Nathan is a solid reliever, and I believe they also got Carlos Silva and Pete Munro, who are also solid relievers, and Joe Mauer was the #1 pick overall for a reason, and while he will most likely not reach his full potential this year, I can see him putting up double digit homers and a solid average.

Just because the Twins lost quite a bit does not mean they are not a dangerous team still.  We lost quite a bit too.

They r tryin to convert Carlos Silva to be their 5th starter, which is a very risky move. No Mays, Milton and Rogers will show this year, when Santana gets injured.

After you take off the rose-colored glasses, you'd realize we aren't the same team either.  Losing Colon will be have a bigger impact then any of us will realize, and Gordon's production will have to be received from somewhere.  Getting rid of Manuel was very nice though.

The Twins biggest losses were two relievers and a catcher, and while all 3 were very good, they are not, IMO, like losing a Bartolo Colon.  Joe Nathan is a solid reliever, and I believe they also got Carlos Silva and Pete Munro, who are also solid relievers, and Joe Mauer was the #1 pick overall for a reason, and while he will most likely not reach his full potential this year, I can see him putting up double digit homers and a solid average.

Just because the Twins lost quite a bit does not mean they are not a dangerous team still.  We lost quite a bit too.

Interesting comment. It got me to thinking .... Would I trade Colon for Steady Eddie, Hawkins and AJ? Yes I would. Therefore, I feel the Twins lost more. I'm not equating Gordon or any of the others in this because they are/were question marks anyway.

They still have a flawless defensive team, perhaps the best in the bigs. But that defense won't be able to do s*** when their bullpen leads the league in homers allowed, which is possible. Everyone has a better bullpen than they do now with the exception of the Tigers, Devil Rays, Brewers, and Pirates. It's a sad story.

They still have a flawless defensive team, perhaps the best in the bigs.  But that defense won't be able to do s*** when their bullpen leads the league in homers allowed, which is possible.  Everyone has a better bullpen than they do now with the exception of the Tigers, Devil Rays, Brewers, and Pirates.  It's a sad story.

What's sad about it? I hope their bullpen totally sucks.

Exactly.  It's a sad story, which is a great thing for us, no question.  I hated nothing more than to see Latroy Hawkins warming up in the bullpen.  That guy is something else, man.

Yes, he was tough. But, he'll suck this year. The curse of the goat and all. :D