Softball pitcher K's MLBers

southsider2k5

Feh.

They've done this before.

I remember seeing Reggie Jackson whiff against the last well-known softball pitcher ( can't remember her name, though... ) :huh

It's fun to watch MLB hitters strike out against a woman, I suppose.

I, for one, am not surprised at all that these guys don't hit softball pitches - different release point, different eye level, different distance from mound to plate, different trajectory. Nothing they're used to seeing.

I have a feeling that Curt Schilling or Mark Prior might have some success against her as well....

This story is so old and pointless for me. No doubt she is an awesome softball pitcher, probably the best in the world, but this type of thing comes off as a sideshow to me. If MLB prepared adequately they would be killing her.

A great example is when she was on Jimmy Kimmel and trying to strike out the guys on the show... Obviously she had no problem with Jimmy, but Warren Sapp was the Co-host that week and he took some swings against her. What ended up happening was she couldn't strike him out. She tried to gas him upstairs, but Sapp was getting around on them and fouling the balls straight back... Then she tried to trick him by throwing him change-ups, but he adjusted and fouled those off as well. She eventually "walked" him because she couldn't strike him out and time was running out on the show. It was kind of funny because Jimmy was calling her out for trying to throw change-ups when Sapp was expecting fastballs. Mind you Sapp was wearing dress pants, dress shoes, and a dress shirt. He also didn't take any warmup swings, he just stepped in there cold.

Finch was getting pretty flustered over not being able to strike him out on live TV, Sapp wasn't about to give in and I think it suprised her a little.

Feh.

They've done this before.

I remember seeing Reggie Jackson whiff against the last well-known softball pitcher ( can't remember her name, though... ) :huh

It's fun to watch MLB hitters strike out against a woman, I suppose.

I, for one, am not surprised at all that these guys don't hit softball pitches - different release point, different eye level, different distance from mound to plate, different trajectory. Nothing they're used to seeing.

I have a feeling that Curt Schilling or Mark Prior might have some success against her as well....

Yes. I remember seeing Johnny Bench striking out on the old Merv Griffin show against a female softball pitcher.

Fast pitch softball pitchers throw what is commonly called a "rise ball"...it crosses the plate at a higher elevation from that which it hasbeen released. That's why MLB hitters couldn't hit it; a major league pitcher throws froma mound, and the ball goes down (from gravity), not up!

P.S.Jennie Finch is smokin'!!!!!

Yeah I saw some of this...It was kind of funny that they made a point to put in the right hand corner that the game was played on Jan 11 when Aaron Boone came up... :lol:

yeah i saw that too, right when they were talking about how boone was going to have a great year, 'taped 1/11/03' pops up in the corner. :lolhitting