Damaso Marte signed for 3 more years

CSF

Thats an outstanding signing. :headbang

This is definately one of KW's best early resignings. They no longer have to worry about arbitration and Marte knows he has a future in the southside.

I'm pumped, he's one of my favorite relievers and I Just hope he stays healthy and if possible, keeps getting better.

Great signing, it locks in a potential closer for the future and at a reasonable price. We may of had his rights for 3 more years, but this prevents the ugliness and uncertainty of arbitration. I also love the option years the Sox are adding, it gives them a lot of flexability.

sounds like a very good deal for both sides...i like how both buehrle and marte were willing to make deals past their free agent years...baseball would be better served if more players acted this way...marte really gave the sox a good deal here...he is worth alot more and im sure he and his agent realize that

think marte just became my favorite current player

I think MB's and Marte's signings are also a positive in the fact that players want to be here. I know we had their rights for 3 years, but the willingness to sign with club options shows the players don't hate being here and are willing to stay for longer than they have to. This could be an important point in selling free agents on the Sox.... that is if they actually spend the money they are going to be under budget next year

Am I the only one who hates this signing? Its all about the future, and just dont think Damaso is part of it.

Nice Work Kenny, Good to hear Damaso will be on the SouthSide for 3 more years. :headbang  :cheers

For a minute there, I thought you were serious! :lol: