Jenkins Signs for 3 years

SoxFan562004

Report on MLB.com says Geoff Jenkins signed a three year extension with the Brewers.... Looking at his numbers, they're similar to Maggs' (although Maggs are a little better). I feel Jenkins and Maggs are similar players and worth roughly the same on the open market, at least it's a better comparision than Vlad and Tejada.

I haven't seen any numbers to the extension so if anybody sees any please post them...

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere

Yeah, revisiting the stats Maggs are far better, but I think Maggs would be a median between Vlad and a Jenkins type player. He's not as valuable as Vlad, but more than Jenkins. I just throw this out here because I think it will have an effect on what Maggs is worth

Here's what I thought was funny.

Jenkins's contract is for 3-years, $23 mill. Does anyone remember what Paul Konerko's contract is? And once answering that question, would you rather have Paul Konerko or Geoff Jenkins?

To answer my own question, Paul's contract was somewhere around that 3-years, $23 mill that Jenkins signed. And to answer my other own question, I would rather have Jenkins.

BTW, a link to this story is here

Edited by witesoxfan

Yeah, revisiting the stats Maggs are far better, but I think Maggs would be a median between Vlad and a Jenkins type player.  He's not as valuable as Vlad, but more than Jenkins.  I just throw this out here because I think it will have an effect on what Maggs is worth

ya i agree with that. maggs definetly isnt worth the 70 million or whatever vlad got but i think hes worth more then jenkins.

i love geoff jenkins...i wanted the sox to trade for him since '00 and use him as our left fielder...but no way can we compare him to maggs....talent wise he might be close...but his production due to injury has never been there on a consistant basis...though if he has figured out how to keep his fragile body off the DL he could be a steal at 3 years 23 million...