Blackhawks Trade Rights to Ty Jones to Florida

http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/team/inde...&right_cont_id=

Blackhawks Trade Ty Jones To Florida For Future Considerations

March 2, 2004

The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that the team has traded the rights to forward Ty Jones to the Florida Panthers in exchange for future considerations.

Jones was selected by the Blackhawks in the first round, 16th overall, 1997 NHL Entry Draft. He appeared in eight NHL games with the Blackhawks during the 1998-99 season recording 12 penalty minutes.

Jones appeared in 37 games this season with the Blackhawks’ American Hockey League affiliate, the Norfolk Admirals. With the Admirals this season he recorded four goals and five assists for nine points and 93 penalty minutes.

And another Hawks trade,

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles Kings acquired defenseman Nathan Dempsey from Chicago on Tuesday, giving the Blackhawks a fourth-round pick in the 2005 draft and future considerations.

Dempsey, 29, had eight goals and 17 assists in 58 games for Chicago this season and led the Blackhawks in average ice time at 23 minutes, 47 seconds. He had 30 penalty minutes.

The 6-foot, 191-pound Dempsey had five goals, 23 assists in 67 games for the Blackhawks last season, his first full year in the NHL.

Toronto selected him 245th overall in the 1992 draft. He made his NHL debut with the Maple Leafs during the 1996-97 season and remained in the organization until signing with Chicago in July 2002.

``Nathan fits in well with our current group of defensemen,'' Kings general manager Dave Taylor said. ``He is mobile and he moves the puck well. He has a good, all-around game, and we like that he has played in all situations with Chicago this season.''

Nathan Dempsey to LA for a fourth rounder and future considerations.

Alexander Karpotsev to Florida for a sixth and future considerations.

Thank God they are getting rid of Krapov, he's terrible; hell, he scored on Thibault this year, honestly. I would have been happy to get a back of pucks for Karpotsev.

The Nathan Dempsey trade, he really wasn't part of our future anyways. I guess you can say we got something for him while we can.

EDIT: Sorry, DBaho, you reported it first, I didn't see it under the Tye Jones thread.

Sum1 can merge this with the otha thread if they want. Knew about Dempsey, not about Krapov though, it's about time they got rid of him. I'd expect Daze to go next if we got a suitable offa.

Dempsey played well offensively since he got to Chicago, unlike Stvev McCarthy who was expected to do much better I suspect.

McCarthy was doin really well early in da season bf he did his groin. Been out for bout 40 games in a row now I think.

Do you have a link for this one?

Yeah, that's my fault. Never believe anything from a message boards until you see it official with a link/press release. Scratch the KARPOTSEV trade.

I dont mind the Hawks trading all these guys, as none of them were really in the Hawks future plans, though I was hoping Sully would stay and be a leader. Oh well, the Ruutu/Bell/Calder era is here.

Anton Babchuk is recalled from Norfolk. The kid with the cannon.