Another reason why i hate smokers

Pale Hose Jon

For Smoker, More Prison Time Is No Crime  

Tue Mar 2,12:06 PM ET  Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (Reuters) - For a 73-year-old Canadian man, 20 months in a smoke-free jail looked just too long, so instead he took 24 months in a prison where he can smoke cigarettes.

Angelo Foti was sentenced to 20 months for shooting and wounding a man in his backyard who was trying to repossess a snowmobile sold to Foti's son, the Winnipeg Free Press reported Tuesday.

In court Monday, Angelo Foti was agitated when he realized the sentence would mean he would be in a provincial jail, where smoking is banned, the newspaper said.

Foti's lawyer pleaded for a 24-month sentence instead, which means the man will go to a federal prison, where smoking is allowed.

In accepting the longer term, Foti, a dedicated pack-a-day man, ignored the wishes of this family.

"Dad, they're just cigarettes -- give them up. Quit smoking: you'll be healthier," his son Angelo Jr. said in court. "Just take the 20 months."

I'm sick of you damm smokers polluting your lungs, my lungs and public landscape

So if your a smoker :fyou