Edwards withdraws from race

cwsox

Damn, i'm really disappointed that edwards dropped out of the race. For once i finnally felt like their would be a president who wasn't involved with special interests. But, alas 4 more years broken promises and scandals. When will small town average americans ever get their voices heard.

Hopefully though, edwards will take the attorney generals job and we can reverse the crap that ashcroft did

Now i'm off to go and cry, and count the days til the 2008 election, Yeah

:crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying

I too am dissapointed Edwards dropped out as he was, in my opinion, the best candidate, but he had little chance of winning the nomination so it was better to get it over with.

I'm not a huge fan of Kerry and I don't like his chances up against Bush, but I still have to vote for him because right now, I think I'd rather not know what the future holds (Kerry) than know that the worst may still be on the way (Bush).

Personally I think Edwards would of been the tougher candidate for Bush to go up against. I think this is goign to be a really good election.

I put in my vote today (Used the new computer system). Of course I vote in the republican primary and I wrote in Bush Sr, just for s***s and giggles.

Otherwise I grudingly voted in favor of a few bond bills, with exception to prop 56 (Which lowered the required % of votes to increase taxes). 55 was for education (if it wins, my school gets a few billion to build a new business building).

I also was glad to hear the Bush called Kerry and congratulated him. Supposedly the two talked about the upcoming election and both want the each other to have a clean campaign and to focus on the issues.

I also was glad to hear the Bush called Kerry and congratulated him.  Supposedly the two talked about the upcoming election and both want the each other to have a clean campaign and to focus on the issues.

And I'm sure Rove had a nice laugh about that. :lol: Let's face it, this is gonna be one smear-a-riffic campaign...f***ing no holds barred on either side.

And I'm sure Rove had a nice laugh about that.  :lol: Let's face it, this is gonna be one smear-a-riffic campaign...f***ing no holds barred on either side.

Now if only the special interest groups would step aside, then it would be an even better race.

Apu, right now are you going to vote for Kerry or are you thinking other ways. I know you have usually said you aren't necessarily a democrat so I was wondering what your stance is on Kerry, now thats he's officially the nominee.

Now if only the special interest groups would step aside, then it would be an even better race. 

Apu, right now are you going to vote for Kerry or are you thinking other ways.  I know you have usually said you aren't necessarily a democrat so I was wondering what your stance is on Kerry, now thats he's officially the nominee.

I don't like Kerry that much...but I've gotta say, he's a bit more progressive than Bush and that's what gives him the edge in my book. With Nader not even gonna be able to get on the ballot in most states and the Greens going to field a weak candidate, my only choice is Kerry. It's a sad state of affairs but my vote's going to Kerry in November it looks like.

I don't like Kerry that much...but I've gotta say, he's a bit more progressive than Bush and that's what gives him the edge in my book.  With Nader not even gonna be able to get on the ballot in most states and the Greens going to field a weak candidate, my only choice is Kerry.  It's a sad state of affairs but my vote's going to Kerry in November it looks like.

So you don't think too much of Karmejo (I probably botched the spelling)?

Didn't think so.  But that never stopped me from voting anyway lol.

BTW this type of thing is exactly the reason that we should have a national primary day. Why should two states with about 1% of the national population between them, who are totally unrepresentative of the US racially, play such a huge roll in picking our Presidential canditiates?

It is garbage that my primary vote means nothing.