Bears make offer to Kearse!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not one to BS.  The only contradiction is that WGN 720 is reporting that Kearse is already in Chicago and WBBM 780 is reporting he is on his way.

That's too much money!!!! Kearse would be a great addition to the Bears, but not for 48 million!

WGN is reporting that the Bears have made an offer to Jevon Kearse for 7 years, 48 million with a 25 million dollar signing bonus!!!!

Take it for what you will but that has been the report that was heard.

No way we give him a signing bonus that big. That would be in the top five in the league. But with the one peyton got yesturday i guess it is possible

Wow, Urlacher,Brown,Peanut,Brown, Briggs, and Kearse.

Holy f***in s*** batman.

Wow...I may actually be excited about a Bears season for the first time in a long while (2001 doesn't count, I knew that was a fluke). If we get Jevon Kearse we are a DT away from having an absolutely dominant D if everyone stays healthy.

Wow...I may actually be excited about a Bears season for the first time in a long while (2001 doesn't count, I knew that was a fluke).  If we get Jevon Kearse we are a DT away from having an absolutely dominant D if everyone stays healthy.

But who? The top 2 names for DT in FA are Sapp & Robaire Smith. With that deal to Kearse, that pratically takes Sapp out of the equation.

But who?  The top 2 names for DT in FA are Sapp & Robaire Smith.  With that deal to Kearse, that pratically takes Sapp out of the equation.

I wouldn't really want Sapp all that much anyway. You don't need to have a stud at DT, just someone who can hold position. I'm ashamed to say I haven't really looked up who is available though. There are a couple halfway decent DT that could be available at the Bears first round pick however.

No way we give him a signing bonus that big. That would be in the top five in the league. But with the one peyton got yesturday i guess it is possible

Stretch that SB out over 7 years and his deal is roughly averaging 10.5 per season. That still leaves the Bears enough room under the cap to get a John Tait. Then address the other concerns in the draft.

If Kearse does sign you can also move Haynes inside and say goodbye to BRob which free's up more money. Also, Holdman should be released by the end of the week.

from Rotoworld:

Jevon Kearse Latest News  Mar. 3, 2004 - 12:51 am et

WGN is reporting that Jevon Kearse is already mulling contract offer from Seattle.

Rumor has it they are willing to meet his $20 million signing bonus demands right off the bat. Washington appears to be the only other team that could match them.

With the signing of Thomas Jones.... I guess this means Kevin Jones is outta the picture in the draft? Maybe they go after Wilfolk now? But Lovie doesnt want a big fat guy! I dunno.

Wilfork is down to 323. Over at NFL-Fans, one of the posters is a scout and was at the combines. He said Wilfork dropped about 20-30 lbs and looked alot quicker, and in the process, moved up quickly in the draft board. So Wilfork could be a possibility..........if he's still around at the 14th pick.