Bears make offer to Kearse!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't know where the Eagles came from.  Sorry guys, with initial reports from WGN, WBBM, ESPNews, etc.....I thought it was legit.  He must have been using the Bears as leverage. 

If they gave Kearse $66 million over 8 years PLUS the $20 million signing bonus, they overpaid.

The Eagles gave a 16 mill signing bonus and then a 4 mill roster bonus, so essentially 20 million.

I have to think that WGN was wrong when they said the Bears offered a 25 mill signing bonus cause I can't see Kearse turning that down.

Either way it seems like the Bears made a big time effort, but in the end the Eagles came out of nowhere.

Pasquerelli said the Eagles just came out of nowhere. Washington fell out of the picture early in the afternoon and I think the Bears probably thought Kearse was theres.

The Eagles gave a 16 mill signing bonus and then a 4 mill roster bonus, so essentially 20 million. 

I have to think that WGN was wrong when they said the Bears offered a 25 mill signing bonus cause I can't see Kearse turning that down. 

Either way it seems like the Bears made a big time effort, but in the end the Eagles came out of nowhere.

Pasquerelli said the Eagles just came out of nowhere.  Washington fell out of the picture early in the afternoon and I think the Bears probably thought Kearse was theres.

I WONDER IF THE EAGLES ARE RESIGNED TO LOSING VINCENT, TAYLOR, OR BOTH. I'D LOVE TO SEE THE BEARS GRAB ONE OF THEM.

Kearse went to the Eagles.  But Robaire Smith is still out there.  Let's take care of the middle.

Maybe they now make a push at Sapp and go for someone like Marcellus Wiley, who in my opinion still has a few pretty good years left in him.

Yah, there seems to be plenty of upgrades at D-Line still out there.  I'd like Robaire Smith or Wistrom.

Jurko called Wistrom the "white" Phillip Daniels. :laugh:

As long as Sapp doesn't want alot, I wouldn't mind seeing him here, but I hope Angelo doesn't offer him the same amt they offered Kearse.

Winstrom would be nice if it isn't too expensive. He's nowhere near the upgrade Kearse would of been. However, if you can get Winstrom and Robaire Smith or Bryant Young for the same price as Kearse, or even less, then I say its a nice trade off.

Plus then the Bears still have plenty of money to get Tait.

Winstrom would be nice if it isn't too expensive.  He's nowhere near the upgrade Kearse would of been.  However, if you can get Winstrom and Robaire Smith or Bryant Young for the same price as Kearse, or even less, then I say its a nice trade off. 

Plus then the Bears still have plenty of money to get Tait.

I think Tait is a bigger necessity than Kearse was.

What are we going to do with Haynes and A. Brown if we get Winstrom or Kearse? Is it just a waste of a pick?

I think Tait is a bigger necessity than Kearse was.

What are we going to do with Haynes and A. Brown if we get Winstrom or Kearse? Is it just a waste of a pick?

Brown will play on the opposite side and then you'd have Haynes work on becoming a dt or potentially use Haynes to move up in the draft.

I'd think the most likely would be having Haynes put on a little weight and working him into the dt rotation and have him as the dt on all pass situations.

I agree Tait would be a huge upgrade, cause it will be important to have a stable line and with Tait the Bears would have the potential to have a great line.

Brown will play on the opposite side and then you'd have Haynes work on becoming a dt or potentially use Haynes to move up in the draft. 

I'd think the most likely would be having Haynes put on a little weight and working him into the dt rotation and have him as the dt on all pass situations. 

I agree Tait would be a huge upgrade, cause it will be important to have a stable line and with Tait the Bears would have the potential to have a great line.

I want to protect Rex at any cost.... he's the king, and we need some pawns to protect him.

I want to protect Rex at any cost.... he's the king, and we need some pawns to protect him.

Plus if they do that in FA, they could address WR and then CB in the draft. Heck, I'd go after Roy or Reggie Williams and then move up and go after DeAngelo Hall to be the CB. Those are two playmakers and to me major impact guys.

To trade up, I'd be moving up in the 2nd round and would give up probably whatever pick the Bears get for Thomas and then maybe a future pick.

Plus if they do that in FA, they could address WR and then CB in the draft.  Heck, I'd go after Roy or Reggie Williams and then move up and go after DeAngelo Hall to be the CB. Those are two playmakers and to me major impact guys. 

To trade up, I'd be moving up in the 2nd round and would give up probably whatever pick the Bears get for Thomas and then maybe a future pick.

Troy Vincent is out there, I've always thought he's been one of the best corner's in the league.

I think that WR is something nice to look into... but why stockpile more people over David Terrell(gotta see what he can do) and Justin Gage(kid has some sick hops) I dont think thats something we need to look into.

OLB, S, OT are all things we should look into.

Troy Vincent is out there, I've always thought he's been one of the best corner's in the league.

I think that WR is something nice to look into... but why stockpile more people over David Terrell(gotta see what he can do) and Justin Gage(kid has some sick hops) I dont think thats something we need to look into.

OLB, S, OT are all things we should look into.

This new system is going to fully use 4 receivers. Roy Williams and Reggie Williams would typically be top 8 picks in any other draft and because this draft is so strong, one of those playmakers, if not both will fall to the Bears.

The only proven receiver on the Bears is Booker and in this system thats just not going to work. They need some guys that can stretch the field. I love Gage and I think Terrel has potential, but adding a stud receiver won't hurt one bit.

I love DeAngelo Halls upside though. Vincent would be a nice pickup, although I'd probably prefer to go with someone like Antoine Winfield, although part of me is scared he'll be the next Thomas Smith.

All I know is I'm excited how the Bears were agressive out of the gate, but I hope they still have some other guys in mind.

Damn, I thought the Bears would have had Kearse, that would have been an awesome signing.

***** Jerry Angelo has a 7:30 press conference, just reported by ESPN 1000. Just letting you guys know *******

I really hope they can get Tait, and then go after a CB and a DT. Then, like someone said earlier, you can go for best available at 14, or trade it to New England for their 21st and 32nd picks (I'm pretty sure they have those two.)

I expect da Bears to go hard after Grant Wistrom, Marcellus Wiley or even Ogunleye from Miami now since they missed out on Kearse. Wade would hav been a nice RT for them as well, but he got a big signin bonus with da Texans so it looks like Tait is the guy to go afta now, although Dallas could be interested too.

What do you guys think of Brock Marion, CB released by Miami? I don't see too many Miami games, so is he a good number two behind Peanut?

EDIT: To add to that, it would be awesome to sign Chris McAllister, Ravens CB. I think he's a Top 5 Cornerback, and QB's would have nightmares trying to throw against him in Tillman.

I expect da Bears to go hard after Grant Wistrom, Marcellus Wiley or even Ogunleye from Miami now since they missed out on Kearse. Wade would hav been a nice RT for them as well, but he got a big signin bonus with da Texans so it looks like Tait is the guy to go afta now, although Dallas could be interested too.

i think it would be nice to have Ogunleye here on da bears. he had a solid year last year in miami and would be a nice addition to our defense

i think it would be nice to have Ogunleye here on da bears. he had a solid year last year in miami and would be a nice addition to our defense

Only thing with Ogunleye is that it would cost a 1st and a 3rd to get him, unless da Bears worked out a trade with the Vikings for Moss, and then traded Moss to the Dolphins for Sam Madison and Ogunleye.