Bears make offer to Kearse!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think now that the Bears have signed Thomas Jones that they will ship out A Train? I think they should try to get something for him while they can.

They'll try to get something for him, but they lost some bargaining power with the signing of Jones. other teams know that the Train isn't in the Bears future and will be offering much less. Seeing as there wasn't much of a market for the train b4 the signing, I don't really see them getting anything for him now.

They'll try to get something for him, but they lost some bargaining power with the signing of Jones.  other teams know that the Train isn't in the Bears future and will be offering much less.  Seeing as there wasn't much of a market for the train b4 the signing, I don't really see them getting anything for him now.

I think they should try and convert him to fullback (Thomas).

We need to address DT & LT/RT concerns.  If they sign Kearse to that deal, that might not be an option, unless they do it via the draft.

I believe they will go after Tait and move him to LT. From what I have read many believe he can handle that move without a problem. Then we will go after a RT in the draft, from what I have been hearing and reading that man is Tony Pape from Michigan. DT is supposedly going to be someone from the giants, but the redskins are also after him. Holy s***, this is looking pretty damn good.

Well according to PFW, the Bears are also in talks with John Tait and are going to make him an offer.

Kearse would be a hell of an upgrade. The only question in regards to Kerase is his heatlh (and i for one thing thats been blown way out of proportion). This seems like a lot of money, but if the Bears use the cap wisely it could be a very good deal.

I love the addition of Jones and Quinn will be a good backup who understands the system. Atrain will be on his way out as will Holdman which will free up a little more money.

I also think the Bears are going to sign Robert Young to be their new dt, which will leave them going with a WR in the draft, imo or maybe a cb.

If by the end of the day they have:

Jones

Quinn

Kearse or Tait (Hopefully both after a few days)

I will be absolutely blown away and excited. Add Young (From the Rams) and I'd say hell ya this is an offseason. Both defensive players provide a big time pass rush and are insanely fast, and Jones has a pretty high upside while Tait would add some big time stablility to the line.

And then in the draft, its giong to be best available.

Look at what Kearse did last year in 14 games. 10 sacks with 4 forced fumbles and an interception. He's also very solid against the run.

This guy was also facing double team after double team. He not only makes the pass defense better, but he also makes Alex Brown better because the focus will be more on Kearse.

What happens to Haynes if they do this, I don't know, but my guess is they begin to work on moving him inside.

Oh ya, Kearse only missed 2002, take that season away and in 4 NFL years he's only missed 2 games (not too shabby if you ask me).

This guy is 27...he's just entering his prime.

I' just getting home from school, so did this go down or what? Kearse is a player i would absolutely love to have on our D. He would answer our sack problem by himself.

Not yet...while I do homework I got espn news on...I'm freaking pumped to hear if it goes down.

He'd be the best pass rusher the Bears have had since Richard Dent.

Sporting News Radio just reported that the Bears have "tentatively" come to an agreement with Kearse.

Not sure if this is legit or not yet.  I will keep looking for more information.

:headbang :D

You can really see the wheels starting to turn on the 'new bears organization'. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far, the aggressive nature that we're going after players to fill our holes is awesome, just wish the sox would follow suit.

I still don't know where the Eagles came from. Sorry guys, with initial reports from WGN, WBBM, ESPNews, etc.....I thought it was legit. He must have been using the Bears as leverage.

If they gave Kearse $66 million over 8 years PLUS the $20 million signing bonus, they overpaid.