Pity Party Post (for myself)

Queen Prawn

Brian and I are supposed to get married sometime next year. The first date we chose was a date a friend of his chose (we didn't even know this guy got engaged, much less that he was planning a wedding). Of course this jerk won't return calls when we tried verifying this - it was told to us by a mutual friend. The next date we chose turns out is the day before Easter (we thought Easter was in April next year - turns out it is March 27th). Either we are going to have to squeeze it in to April (we wanted to be married before May - his feelings not mine) or just wait until fall of next year :( .

I don't have the energy to pick another day only to find out I am getting screwed on it again.

He wants a bigger wedding (about 200 guests) and I want a smaller one, but with all his family and friends, we haven't much of a choice (yes, we can afford the wedding he wants, at this time anyway). He wants me to plan this shindig, which I don't mind, but now that we need a new date, I am wondering, if setting a date is this damned difficult, how the heck is the rest of the planning going to go? Yes, my family, his family and both sets of our friends have offered planning help so even though he doesn't want to do much of the planning (arranging for vendors is what he doesn't want to do - he's helping with the rest though).

Thanks (in advance) for letting me whine moan b**** and complain without getting flamed.

No apology neccessary. Planning a wedding is one of the biggest pain in the asses there is. Especially when you get all these curveballs thrown at you. Big or small, smooth or caotic. Trust me, it won't matter in the end, and the only thing your friends and family will remember is if it was an open bar or cash. :lol:

Fan... you guys sit down and pick the date you want. If someone else has it.. oh well. It's your day and all that matters is that YOU and BRIAN are happy. Those important to you guys and important to your lives will be there to support you and make your day. That's all that matters.

Of course.. if this hassle get to be too much.. tie his ass up and hop on a plane to Vegas. :lol:

I guess I don't see why the next day being Easter should rule out having a wedding that day. Holy Saturday is always a great day for a wedding!

Good point! And it gives your family members two reasons to come into town.

Good point! And it gives your family members two reasons to come into town.

Both of our families live within minutes from us. :D

I don't think the Catholic Church will allow a wedding on the Saturday before Easter, will they? :huh:

Both of our families live within minutes from us.  :D

I don't think the Catholic Church will allow a wedding on the Saturday before Easter, will they? :huh:

You're probably right. That's Easter vigil and you're not exactly supposed to be celebrating during this time.

BTW, I thought you quit the Catholic church? :huh

You're probably right. That's Easter vigil and you're not exactly supposed to be celebrating during this time.

BTW, I thought you quit the Catholic church? :huh

I haven't given up on them (I still very much believe in the spirituality aspect of the church), I just don't believe/agree in/with many of the rules and the way things are done.

He wants to get married in a Catholic Church more than I do to be honest. I tried talking him into a JP or City Hall.

I haven't given up on them (I still very much believe in the spirituality aspect of the church), I just don't believe/agree in/with many of the rules and the way things are done.

He wants to get married in a Catholic Church more than I do to be honest.  I tried talking him into a JP or City Hall.

OK