Tait

Reports are that the Bears are going to make their offer to Tait today. The Chiefs will have one week to match it, so it will be very interesting what happens. This offer will tie the Bears down in some instances, so I hope they quickly address the dt and de moves during this process.

IF they miss out on Tait, then I think you will see them go after Salaam if he's still out there.

I agree with you. After this, I think the Bears will make their calls and contact the next players they like, since they missed out on target #1 (Kearse).

There are still quality guys out there and hte Bears can definately get better.

Thats why I want the Bears to get him a weapon like Williams.

Damn, I would love to have Mike Williams on the team. He is a super stud. Who would play the slot? Williams or Booker? Have the other on one side and Justin Gage down the other. I would love to see that. I also wouldn't mind trading up for Kellen Winslow Jr. or either pass rusher from USC or Va Tech. The draft should be very interesting.

Damn, I would love to have Mike Williams on the team. He is a super stud. Who would play the slot? Williams or Booker? Have the other on one side and Justin Gage down the other. I would love to see that. I also wouldn't mind trading up for Kellen Winslow Jr. or either pass rusher from USC or Va Tech. The draft should be very interesting.

I am not sure if he wasn't talking about Roy or Reggie though.

Bears really need to shore up the line now....

Villarrial signs with Bills

No big loss. There are younger cheaper options on the Bears that can do just as well. We have Tucker signed as well as Kruetz. Gandy is better suited to be a guard. If the Bears sign Tait then we just have to draft Pape in the 2nd round to play RT or hope fat ass Gibson comes into camp in shape. The line will be really good if we can sign Tait.

Very good point Steve. A lot of Williams and WR in the draft this year. I would be satisfied with Roy or Reggie, but Mike Williams is absolutely awesome!

Oh no doubt...Mike is just plain awesome.

I personally would perfer that we don't draft a WR...I still have memories of David Terrell. The guy I want the most is Taylor. The thing I want most is someone who really comes and play. Columbo still haunts me too.

Oh no doubt...Mike is just plain awesome.

I personally would perfer that we don't draft a WR...I still have memories of David Terrell. The guy I want the most is Taylor. The thing I want most is someone who really comes and play. Columbo still haunts me too.

That is funny. Haunted by former Bears picks. :lol: Is there anyone still around that Wannstedt drafted while he was here? When I say still around I mean playing in the NFL. The only one I can think of is Walt Harris. His drafts absolutely sucked.

I still think the David Terrell could be a good WR. I belive Shoop could make Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Marvin Harrison look like s***. Columbo, damn, if he could just be healthy he could be a really good RT. It is a shame what happened to him. He was a nasty college player. Nasty attitude. I really liked when the Bears drafted him although I think they thought of him as a LT, he is really a RT.

That is funny. Haunted by former Bears picks. :lol:  Is there anyone still around that Wannstedt drafted while he was here? When I say still around I mean playing in the NFL. The only one I can think of is Walt Harris. His drafts absolutely sucked.

I still think the David Terrell could be a good WR. I belive Shoop could make Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Marvin Harrison look like s***. Columbo, damn, if he could just be healthy he could be a really good RT. It is a shame what happened to him. He was a nasty college player. Nasty attitude. I really liked when the Bears drafted him although I think they thought of him as a LT, he is really a RT.

Do you guys remember seeing Columbo's injury against the Rams? Damn, that looked terrible, a guy basically fell over and landed on Columbo's heels, and then unluckily Columbo went backwards and the knee/lower body went forward. The Bears just seemed so Cursed in 2002, with all of those injuries.

Bears gotta get Tait. Gotta get him! I love seeing this active pursuit from the Bears, though.

Grossman rocks! :headbang :snr We just gotta get some people to protect his ass! Bring it on, NFC North! :bringit

Very good point Steve. A lot of Williams and WR in the draft this year. I would be satisfied with Roy or Reggie, but Mike Williams is absolutely awesome!

Ya Mike is awesome, but unless the Bears move up they won't have a shot at getting him.

But Roy/Reggie will likely be there.

Do you guys remember seeing Columbo's injury against the Rams?  Damn, that looked terrible, a guy basically fell over and landed on Columbo's heels, and then unluckily Columbo went backwards and the knee/lower body went forward.  The Bears just seemed so Cursed in 2002, with all of those injuries.

Bears gotta get Tait.  Gotta get him!  I love seeing this active pursuit from the Bears, though.

Grossman rocks! :headbang  :snr  We just gotta get some people to protect his ass!  Bring it on, NFC North! :bringit

Yeah that injury was nasty. Dislocated knee cap. I think they had to do complete reconstructive knee surgery. His knee was on the back side of his leg. :puke

Ya Mike is awesome, but unless the Bears move up they won't have  a shot at getting him. 

But Roy/Reggie will likely be there.

Correct me if I am wrong but Reggie Williams is from Washington State? I only saw him play once and I can't even remember who it was against. I remember thinking he would be very good in the pros, but he didn't seem all that fast. Very tall and physlical however. Like maybe a Michael Irvin type of guy.

Roy Williams is very intriguing. I would like to see him with the Bears most definately. A couple years back didn't some have him as the number one overall pick?

Correct me if I am wrong but Reggie Williams is from Washington State? I only saw him play once and I can't even remember who it was against. I remember thinking he would be very good in the pros, but he didn't seem all that fast. Very tall and physlical however. Like maybe a Michael Irvin type of guy.

Roy Williams is very intriguing. I would like to see him with the Bears most definately. A couple years back didn't some have him as the number one overall pick?

I want to say University of Washington...

Right state, Wrong school

Williams played a UW. Player BIO

You might be thinking of Devard Darling who played at wazzou. He transfered from FSu after his twin brother collapsed and died from a genetic condition. FSU refused to clear him to play. WSU had no problems with him. He's likely a second round pick... Though there are still some health questions about him.

This article talks bout FA and the Bears from Dam Pompei,

Some thoughts on the first wave of free agency:

Bears on the move

Who would have thought the Bears would be the most active team early in the process?

Before members of the Bears front office hit the pillow Tuesday night, they had signed running back Thomas Jones from the Bucs and quarterback Jonathan Quinn from the Chiefs. By midday Wednesday, the Bears had also signed fullback Stanley Pritchett, their own free agent, and made a very significant offer to defensive end Jevon Kearse. Kearse chose the Eagles over the Bears and Seahawks.

The Bears also made a generous offer to guard Chris Villarrial, who spurned them to sign with the Bills, and were pushing hard to sign right tackle John Tait to an offer sheet. Tait was deciding between the Bears and Dolphins. The Chiefs put a transition tag on Tait and will have the right to match any offer.

Jones will be a nice fit in Terry Shea's offense, which will be very similar to the Chiefs' offense. He could be the breakout player of the year in 2004. The Bears figure they need two players with left tackle abilities in their new offense, hence the interest in Tait to play the right side.

Eagles get stronger with Kearse

With the addition of Kearse, the Eagles have to be the favorite in the NFC, if they weren't already. If 2003 first-round pick Jerome McDougle can deliver on some of his potential, the Eagles will have one of the most lethal defensive end combinations in the NFL. If they lose free-agent cornerbacks Troy Vincent (who was in Buffalo on Wednesday) and Bobby Taylor, the Eagles will need all the pass rush they can get.

Washington won't help Raiders

Prediction: Ted Washington won't have the kind of impact in Oakland he had in New England, and the Raiders' signing of the defensive tackle will be a regrettable one. Washington was a perfect fit in Bill Belichick's defense and was a great role player last year. But he'll be 36 soon, is overweight and has durability issues.