Illinois at Purdue Thread

I know this game definitly deserves its own thread, and I personally am jacked up for this game. Title is on the line, revenge from the loss at home in January, and Weber facing his old team for the first time at Mackey Arena. Should be fun, Im expecting a very close game and hopefully we can pull it out.

Head was suspended last time these 2 teams met, hopefully he can be the factor that puts us over the top. Roger also had 0 points last time we met, he's got to step up like he has been all big 10 season.

My prediction: Illinois 61 Purdue 57

GO ILLINI!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Purdue win for more than just the obvious reason that State would be conference champions. All of that asides, I think Purdue winning here would really help their resume out...which would help the Big Ten out. Our conference gets no love, and I want to see the Big Ten doing well.

I would like to see Purdue win for more than just the obvious reason that State would be conference champions. All of that asides, I think Purdue winning here would really help their resume out...which would help the Big Ten out. Our conference gets no love, and I want to see the Big Ten doing well.

I know, this is exactly my dillemma that i thought about when thinking from a Big 10 fans perspective as well. If Illinois wasnt my team, I'd be pulling for Purdue big time, cause they have no shot if they dont win out and win 2 games in the B10 tourney.

I know, this is exactly my dillemma that i thought about when thinking from a Big 10 fans perspective as well.  If Illinois wasnt my team, I'd be pulling for Purdue big time, cause they have no shot if they dont win out and win 2 games in the B10 tourney.

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. Right now, Illinois has shown that they deserve to be conference champions...State does not (losing twice to Wisky and once to the Illini).

Oh, I remember the days I used to cheer for those Illini... :D

purdue has little or no chance of getting in with such a weak RPI so i definitely would rather see them win the tourney to get in and have the Illini clinch a share of the title tonight!

that's what i'm thinking.

I have no guilt in rooting for the illini tonight, as usual ;)

I'm so pumped for this game tonight, nervous as well.

LETS DO IT.

well, we certainly were off to a great start with a 13-2 run to begin the game, but we sure did settle down. We are settling for the outside shot too much as usual, but Purdue is playing with some hard nosed defense and is gonna make this a very difficult win. The point when we were up 4 and then Randle just chucks up a horrible shot from 3 point land, not even hitting rim was a huge turning point i think, we were just about to get momentum and then Dee does the same thing. Dee did get ripped off on a couple shots, 2 3 pointers that were down and out.

6:30 remaining.

Purdue hits 2 free throws. 60-59.

Deron with great dish to Smith, who lays it in. 62-59.

Steal for Dee.

Luther misses 3.

Illini don't get back, layup for Purdue.

TO Illini.

62-61, Illini.

5:24 left.

Deron drains a 3, as the shot clock was winding down!!!!

Lowe hits the bucket and 1.

Free throw is no good.

Illini lead 65-63.

Off the ball foul on Purdue.

Ingram with a nice jumper.

67-63.

Purdue throws it out of bounds.

67-63 Illini. 3:44 left.