Illinois at Purdue Thread

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

props in the form of one short clip

yay

yeah, that was quite pathetic, they barely showed 3 highlights in a game that was all highlights. I saw the same highlights on ESPNews. I thought maybe they would talk about them taking the big 10 title or something... but they had to hurry up and get to the ACC game of Maryland/NC State.

:fyou ESPN!

This was hands down the best sporting event I have ever witnessed in person.  Nothing compares to that game.  Wow, that was just awesome.  I'd give you a more detailed description of my night, but I'm kind of tired and am going to sleep.

Big 10 Champs Baby :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

No doubt, that would have been a great game to go to. My personal favorite Illini games i have attended are these couple of games in no particular order:

1) Illinois vs Duke at the UC in the 1st Big 10/ACC Challenge (We lose, but it was a great game, Frankie is a freshman and throws up a prayer too early)

2) Setan Hall vs Illinois (We come back from about 24 down in the 1st half to come back and win, Bradford ties NCAA mark in OT for 3 pointers)

3) Arizona vs Illinois at the UC (2nd time they played that year, 1st was in Maui, Bradford breaks the record at 74 games for making a 3 pointer)

4) Wisconsin at Illinois (Marcus Griffen hits a 2 pointer off an inbounds play at the buzzer, students rush the court)

5) Probably the best game i have attended, 2nd round of the Big 10 Tourney in 2000, Bradford hits the game winning 3 against Indiana at the buzzer to extend his streak to 50 something i believe)

Hopefully, I will be able to add to this list in the near future, Im hoping to go to a regional if possible if they end up being in St. Louis.

Go Illini!

I second the person who said shame on Purdue fans, it's been like this for 2-3 years now.

Other than that, Lowe didn't get fouled, it may have looked like it live, but after seeing the replays, no way.

What was up with cheering USA, USA to Kartelo... you had all week to come up with something creative dealing with his arrest and all you come up with is USA, USA??? ;)

I love Bruce Weber in the back of #2.  Love it!

Thats my favorite part of that picture. That and all the PU fans with their hands on their heads. :D And it was great when the team and Bruce came back out after all the Purdue fans cleared out and the Illinois fans were still in the building chanting Big 10 Champs. Awesome. :headbang