2B Bobby Smith

1B Paul Konerko

3B Joe Crede

LF Joe Borchard

CF Aaron Rowand

RF Jeremy Reed

C Jaime Burke

P Danny Wright

Also pitching on Thursday Neal Cotts, Jose Santiago, Jon Adkins, Enemencio Pacheco, Matt Ginter and David Sanders.

It also mentions that Ryan Sweeney will start in right on Friday

I have never heard of Smith. Who is he? Obviously a 2b but anything else on him...

He's kinda a fat, slim guys...tall for a short guy, with some hair...he's a baseball player, plays in the White Sox organization...wears a hat and glove when he plays... :ph34r: :D

Bobby Smith is an older vet who has spent time both in the big leagues and AAA in recent years. His time in AAA was with Tampa. Unfortunately, his best season in the bigs was back in 1998 which produced about half of his career numbers. Problem is, he played in the Mjors for parts of four seasons.

My guess is he is a AAA player who could serve as short-term insurance should someone go down.

Bobby Smith is an older vet who has spent time both in the big leagues and AAA in recent years.  His time in AAA was with Tampa.  Unfortunately, his best season in the bigs was back in 1998 which produced about half of his career numbers.  Problem is, he played in the Mjors for parts of four seasons.

My guess is he is a AAA player who could serve as short-term insurance should someone go down.

Smith and Dransfeldt would prob compete with each otha for a spot with the White Sox on the bench if Uribe, Valentin or Willie got injured.