MVP Baseball 2004

The Bones

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just called my local gamestop, he told me that most likley the game will get be in stores by the 10th, not the 9th, but to call back monday to see if they already have it. So I guess some stores havent gotten theres yet, while I have heard other stores already have it, but just not selling. Interesting.

i have so much s*** goin on tuesday, i dont think ill have time to get it. I think i might have to wait till wendsay. :(

ive read some forums with some hard core gamers and heres what they say: all those videos u see with arod, they just simply did the trade themselves. he will be on the yanks on the first update around the beginning of the season but any moves after 1/15 wont be there when u first get this game

I've only gotten through the first 2 pages and I absolutely can't wait for this game. The fielding meter seems like an awesome idea, along with the momentum for a throw home you can get if you take a step back on a fly ball, I can't wait till tuesday.

here's the recap for all you lazy readers.

Looks like we finally have a madden of baseball starting.

For a long time it seemed like baseball games had become a bit stagnant, but over the past three years here have been some major strides. I'm a baseball fanatic and I'll admit, I'm tough on baseball games. This is a gem, a true gem. The animations will uncurl your socks, the depth and ingenuity of the Dynasty Mode will create a new summer obsession, and even diehard Sega fans (like myself) will question their allegiance. I still believe last year's World Series Baseball 2K3 offers the best overall baseball package, so I'm not quite ready to call MVP 2004 the best ever. There are some great things MVP Baseball 2004 has that no one else has ever had, but there are also some things Sega has that they're missing. This one is close, incredibly close to being one of the great sports franchises around. It's fantastic, a surefire pick for any baseball fan, but there is room to grow. EA has taken major steps to improve on last year and if even half that effort is put into MVP 2005 it will almost certain be one for the ages.

best part of the review that I've read so far

MVP Baseball 2004 isn't going to set the bar for on-field presentation. While the game is a lot of fun to play, the home run celebrations are non-existent (sorry, no Sammy hop)

(every team has at least five unis total)

Hopefully that will mean they have those killer '83 unis. :headbang

------------------------------

What systems is this game going to be on?

I may have to get it for the PC, I don't have any gaming systems. :angry:

best part of the review that I've read so far

Hopefully that will mean they have those killer '83 unis. :headbang

------------------------------

What systems is this game going to be on?

I may have to get it for the PC, I don't have any gaming systems. :angry:

PS2, XBOX and Pc, not sure bout Gamecube.

The big addition this year is mound visits. Not only can you send the manager to the mound for a conference, it actually has an affect on the game. Of course, a mound visit gives your bullpen more time to warm up, but it also can benefit or harm your current pitcher on the rubber. Depending on the pitcher and the situation, going to the mound results in a loss of stamina, a boost of stamina (think of it as settling down a pitcher), or offers no change either way. This isn't a random thing, though. If it's the fourth inning of a 0-0 game and Pedro gives up two singles and you wander out to the mound, he'll become very upset and lose a chunk of stamina. Not wise. However, come to Pedro in the eighth with the game on the line and he may get a small boost. Of course, as we know from recent history, that doesn't mean Pedro will close the deal.

That stamina boost can be a big help when a pitcher is getting tired. It's much easier to pitch with 65% stamina than 55% stamina, so managing your pitcher properly is vital, just like in real baseball. Player management is a big part of the improvements across all of MVP, not just in pitching and defense. The pitching and fielding aspects make for a very immersive experience. Is it the perfect piece of baseball realism? No, and it doesn't matter when a developer makes it feel like baseball.

Very cool. :headbang

:o I can't believe the things they are adding to the games now.

god i cant wait any longer for this game to come out. i want it so bad.

I don't know which time I want to come first, the game coming out or me finding out if I made the high school team. (They both happen on Monday or Tuesday next week) But if I get cut, which I hope I don't, this will be enough to console me.