Fuck Rick Sutcliffe

SoxFanForever

I was watching the spring training game on ESPN to see the Cubs get drilled and they started to talk about the AL central and the other guy mentioned the Sox. He says that Ozzie is gonna try to bring his energy and then Sutcliffe says you need talent first and "They don't have a lot of talent there". This guy is such a deuche. :fyou

I was watching the spring training game on ESPN to see the Cubs get drilled and they started to talk about the AL central and the other guy mentioned the Sox.  He says that Ozzie is gonna try to bring his energy and then Sutcliffe says you need talent first and "They don't have a lot of talent there".  This guy is such a deuche.  :fyou

LOL I put that in the other thread, the one titled "today sux". What a cocksucker.

Hell, I'll take our lineup over the Yankees, Red Sox, A's, Angels, Astros, Cubs, anyday of the week. No talent? Why we have what's his name at 2nd and what's his name at center, and what's his name will be leading off, and the thrilling competition for our 5th starter spot.

What makes Rick Sutcliffe even more of an uniformed donkey is the fact he was a Sox supporter last year. If I remember right he was on ESPN picking the Sox to win. Am I wrong? The basic team is still intact even though we lost Flash and Bart. The Sox have talent and can compete with anyone in the league and that includes them damn Yankees and the Red Sox.

What makes Rick Sutcliffe even more of an uniformed donkey is the fact he was a Sox supporter last year. If I remember right he was on ESPN picking the Sox to win. Am I wrong? The basic team is still intact even though we lost Flash and Bart. The Sox have talent and can compete with anyone in the league and that includes them damn Yankees and the Red Sox.

And don't forget Koch became a feared closer (by fans not hitters), Kong continued his torrid (or is that horrid) hitting. We are so much better this year than last.

I thought the Giants were good last year, I don't think they are good this year. They still have a basic core...am I a momo?

I don't think we can rip a guy for saying that we aren't talented. Because compared to many teams in the league we aren't very talented.

Luckily talent doesn't win division titles...saavy and smart baseball win titles.

i picked the sox to win last year...this year i picked us to win 75 games...i totally agree with sutcliffe...we dont have much talent here right now...you can talk about last years team underachieving but where is it written that this team wont underachieve too???....if it does we could be looking at 100 losses

on the flip side if it overachieves we could be , in a weak division , looking at close to 100 wins...there are so many question marks why would anyone who is not a sox fan think this team was going to do well when for the last 3 years they have failed miserably???...and please dont blame it on jerry manuel..if thats the only reason then we are for sure doomed to a 4th place finish...

sutcliffe is just echoing what almost everyone in baseball feels about the sox...they are a 3rd place in a weak division...its up to the players to prove them wrong

Hell, I'll take our lineup over the Yankees, Red Sox, A's, Angels, Astros, Cubs, anyday of the week. No talent? Why  we have what's his name at 2nd and what's his name at center, and what's his name will be leading off, and the thrilling competition for our 5th starter spot.

Along with Who's on first.

Hell, I'll take our lineup over the Yankees

Last I checked, the Yankees have three certifiable hall of famers in their lineup (Rodriguez, Jeter, Sheffield), plus elite players in Jorge Posada, Bernie Williams, Jason Giambi, Hideki Matsui, etc.

I'd say that this is one of the best lineups ever, right up there with the 1920s Yankees and 1970s Reds.

If you put together an all-time white sox lineup from the past 130 years, then yeah, we'd have a better lineup than the Yankees. But that's the only way.

Last I checked, the Yankees have three certifiable hall of famers in their lineup (Rodriguez, Jeter, Sheffield), plus elite players in Jorge Posada, Bernie Williams, Jason Giambi, Hideki Matsui, etc.

I'd say that this is one of the best lineups ever, right up there with the 1920s Yankees and 1970s Reds. 

If you put together an all-time white sox lineup from the past 130 years, then yeah, we'd have a better lineup than the Yankees.  But that's the only way.

Settle the hell down, didn't you read what else he said? What's his name at 2nd and what's his name in center...you think maybe that's implying that it is, what I like to call, a JOKE? :banghead

Settle the hell down, didn't you read what else he said?  What's his name at 2nd and what's his name in center...you think maybe that's implying that it is, what I like to call, a JOKE? :banghead

So he was joking about us having a better offense than the Astros, Cubs, Red Sox, A's, etc? Because we do. But to mention the Yankees?

I don't understand the joke.

Who choked in game 5 in '84?? Huh?? ANSWER ME,MOTHERf***ER!!!!

Rick Sutcliffe is about as valid as the asshole on 'MVP between 9-11 AM Monday through Friday.No need to mention names. This is just the kind of event that makes you scream f*** SCRUBBIE NATION OUT LOUD.

Piss On Sutcliffe and the goddamn sCrUBs!!

Hey, Giants-9,sCrUBS-3.

Let the demolition begin!! :lol: :lol:

Who choked in game 5 in '84?? Huh?? ANSWER ME,MOTHERf***ER!!!!

Rick Sutcliffe is about as valid as the asshole on 'MVP between 9-11 AM Monday through Friday.No need to mention names. This is just the kind of event that makes you scream f*** SCRUBBIE NATION OUT LOUD.

Piss On Sutcliffe and the goddamn sCrUBs!!

Hey, Giants-9,sCrUBS-3.

Let the demolition begin!!  :lol:  :lol:

Quite the outspoken Cub hater. :notworthy :headbang :drink

So he was joking about us having a better offense than the Astros, Cubs, Red Sox, A's, etc?  Because we do.  But to mention the Yankees? 

I don't understand the joke.

Astros can be argued either way. I'd probably say White Sox, but that's a tossup.

Cubs I'm not so sure about. They got us at 1B, 2B, possibly 3B, CF, probably C, maybe RF. That's another that can be argued either way.

Red Sox, are you kidding me? They had the best offense in the majors last year, had the most extra base hits in the history of the game by any team, I believe they had the highest team SLG% ever, and knowing that, I'm quite sure they ranked somewhere high in team OPS as well. Our offense has nothing on the Red Sox offense.

The A's I agree with.

I think Tex was just mentioning some playoff teams from last year(with the exception of Houston...I think he brought in Houston probably because he lives in Texas and Houston may be a team that he cheers for), and was making a joke.

So, while we may have a better offense then the Cubs and Astros, and do have a better offense then the A's, for this joke, pretend we don't...I guess.

Red Sox, are you kidding me?  They had the best offense in the majors last year, had the most extra base hits in the history of the game by any team, I believe they had the highest team SLG% ever, and knowing that, I'm quite sure they ranked somewhere high in team OPS as well.  Our offense has nothing on the Red Sox offense.

Put the White Sox in Fenway, and cheat just like they do (HOME OPS vs. ROAD OPS confirms this), and we'll set new slugging records as well. There were a lot of stories in regards to them cheating in Fenway last year, and yet, nothing ever came up about any other team cheating. They'd come to Chicago and get a couple runs per game, if that. David Ortiz would have to hit some lucky homers for them to score any runs, period. But when they're at Fenway, they're scoring like 10 runs per game? That's funny.

Someone is telling these guys what pitch is on the way, just like the 1951 Giants, who admitted to cheating later on.

Meanwhile, the Sox are going into the Bronx and putting up 10 runs per game. The better offense, undoubtedly.