What if....

sox-r-us

SportingNews/Fox sports is runnign a segment called WHat if for all major sports (for eg they have a What if Michael Jordan had been picked by the Blazers)

They have one for baseball, recalling what if the 94 strike had not occurred......this is dear to my heart because I firmly believe we would have made some noise that year in the playoffs, not to mention, our crowds would never have ebbed to what it is today, and we would continue to own the town over the cubs

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2190540

I really don't like to think about these what if's mainly because we don't know what would happen. There are way, way too many scenarios that could potentially arise.

But if you we are talking about what-ifs, I'll give you one. What if the White Sox didn't trade Sammy Sosa, and he matured as a hitter like he did with the Scrubs? Our lineup then includes Thomas, Ventura, and Sosa for quite a while, and then maybe in 1997, Albert Belle as well. Is that offense so good that it, by practically itself, brings 3 million fans a year out to the park, all kinds of revenue, making the White Sox not only the team in Chicago but the most popular team in the MLB(much like the Yanees are today), allowing JR to spend $100-$150 mill on payroll, bringing in Curt Schilling's, Alex Rodriguez's, etc, and allowing us to win constantly over the past 5-10 years?

That's a what-if for you. And don't think about it too long, afterall, it didn't and won't happen.