Owens an Eagle?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrell Owens headed to Baltimore for a second-round draft pick, the 51st overall...

Fox Sports Net

Damn, I am having an odd off season. I am in a keeper league and have Portis, Barlow, and Owens. With Owens and Garcia leaving would that hurt Barlow? Should I keep Barlow? Baltimore's passing game has been non existent, is Owens going to be worth keeping? Portis is a keeper no doubt.

Damn, I am having an odd off season. I am in a keeper league and have Portis, Barlow, and Owens. With Owens and Garcia leaving would that hurt Barlow? Should I keep Barlow? Baltimore's passing game has been non existent, is Owens going to be worth keeping? Portis is a keeper no doubt.

They had no passing game because Anthony Wright was their QB for the last few games of the season and because Jamal Lewis ran for 2000+ yards.

Boller will be back next year and he will almost undoubtedly be improved, and Owens will have an OK year

They had no passing game because Anthony Wright was their QB for the last few games of the season and because Jamal Lewis ran for 2000+ yards.

Boller will be back next year and he will almost undoubtedly be improved, and Owens will have an OK year

What do you consider an OK year? A year like he just had? Better? Worse? What about Barlow?

What do you consider an OK year? A year like he just had? Better? Worse? What about Barlow?

Dont you have somebody better than Barlow that isnt in a 2 running back system? I hate that crap, i had to deal with Garner and Westbrook all year, although the Philly system worked quite nice. Who is your qb??

Ray Lewis will keep Terrell Owens in line, very good pick up for Baltimore especially only for a 2nd, although they've got no picks in the 1st 2 rounds now. But for Baltimore to hav success all falls on Kyle Boller's shoulders. Jeff Garcia will be most likely picked up by Tampa Bay now since they missed out on Mark Brunell, so this could mean Brad Johnson could hit the FA market now as well.

Dont you have somebody better than Barlow that isnt in a 2 running back system?  I hate that crap, i had to deal with Garner and Westbrook all year, although the Philly system worked quite nice.  Who is your qb??

I believe you are referring to Hearst as being the other back in the system? Hearst was officially released earlier this week or last week. Barlow was signed to a huge contract. He will be the only back next year. I am trying to figure out if he will be as good as he was last year. They lost 2 OL, Owens, Streets, and Garcia.

Look at it from the Niners perspective. They were offered a 5th and James thrash, who proved he can't catch in the NFC title game. That fifth pick is nearly in the 6th round because philly was in the NFC title game.

Or they can get a 2nd rounder and TO is in the AFC. Doesn't seem like much of a descision to me.

TO's got no case... Someone should break his jaw so I don't have to listen to him whine all year about this.

whatever happend the way it went down is pretty s***ty

If the Iggles wanted TO, they should have sweetened the pot to the Niners, not to TO(by offering him an exorbitant contract). The Niners were ultimately the team with the most power in the situation, proved by the fact that TO is indeed a bird, but a Raven.

The Iggles whining is just sour grapes.

If the Iggles wanted TO, they should have sweetened the pot to the Niners, not to TO(by offering him an exorbitant contract).  The Niners were ultimately the team with the most power in the situation, proved by the fact that TO is indeed a bird, but a Raven.

The Iggles whining is just sour grapes.

They were never given the chance. They thought they had a deal. Did you read the article cheat? After the Ravens offered the 49ers a 2nd round pick there was not another call made to the Eagles. They learned that they didn't get Owens by watching ESPN. No communication between the Eagles and 49ers after they received the offer from the Ravens. Why would you sweeten the pot if you thought you already had a deal?

I think it is far from sour grapes and they have a legitimate complaint. It was pretty s***ty on the 49ers part.

Is TO a f***ing moron? Honestly? Why would he say this s***. If I was Ray Lewis, I would beat his ass. If I were the Ravens, I would not want him anymore. What a dochebag.

Steve, what did T.O. say? I only see the agent of T.O. talking and the Eagles complaining. I don't blame T.O. for being a bit pissed off though. Look at all that money he just lost! That is a s*** load of cash!

They were never given the chance. They thought they had a deal. Did you read the article cheat? After the Ravens offered the 49ers a 2nd round pick there was not another call made to the Eagles. They learned that they didn't get Owens by watching ESPN. No communication between the Eagles and 49ers after they received the offer from the Ravens. Why would you sweeten the pot if you thought you already had a deal?

I think it is far from sour grapes and they have a legitimate complaint. It was pretty s***ty on the 49ers part.

Yes I read the article. Some suburban philly rag.

There is no obligation on the niners part to have to make a call back to the Eagles. It would have been smart if they wanted to extract more in return from either team. But that's obviosly not what they wanted. They didn't was TO to be in the NFC.

Complaining that they were never called back is sour grapes. The phone works both ways. If they wanted him so badly they should have been hounding the niners, not giving TO's agent blue balls while thinking of the commision check he was going to get, even though he forgot to send in the required papers to make him a FA.

Yes I read the article. Some suburban philly rag.

There is no obligation on the niners part to have to make a call back to the Eagles.  It would have been smart if they wanted to extract more in return from either team.  But that's obviosly not what they wanted.  They didn't was TO to be in the NFC.

Complaining that they were never called back is sour grapes.  The phone works both ways.  If they wanted him so badly they should have been hounding the niners, not giving TO's agent blue balls while thinking of the commision check he was going to get, even though he forgot to send in the required papers to make him a FA.

Wow cheat. Ok, all I am saying is it is a bad way to do business. They supposedly had a deal worked out with the Eagles and that is what the Eagles thought. Unless they heard otherwise they were going to get T.O.The next thing the Eagles know he is with the Ravens. You are right, if a deal wasn't agreed to then the Niners don't have to call anyone back. Supposedly a deal was struck and agreed to, then the Eagles were not called back or notified. There is just a little something wrong there don't you think? Why would the Eagles call them if the deal was agreed to? That makes no sense. The chances of the Eagles facing the Niners are just as good as the Ravens facing the Niners in the regular season. Playoffs are another subject, but I don't think the NIners are worried about the playoffs anytime soon. I highly doubt shipping him out of the NFC was top priority. Shipping him someplace that he didn't necessarily want to go, now that may be what they wanted to do.

You also said that the Eagles should have sweetened the pot. Why would they do this if they already have a deal in place? If a deal was already agreed to why the hell would you give them anything more? That doesn't make any sense to me. If I am trying to buy a car and they say I can have it for 20 grand am I going to say oh no, here , let me give you 30,000 just so I am sure I will have it. Hell no Im not. If we have a deal at a certain price why would I pay more? Why would the Eagles offer more if a deal is already agreed to?

Steve, what did T.O. say? I only see the agent of T.O. talking and the Eagles complaining. I don't blame T.O. for being a bit pissed off though. Look at all that money he just lost! That is a s*** load of cash!

Sounds to me that he would much rather be a Eagle, than a Raven. If I were the Ravens, I would either try to get the second-round pick back, or I would try to trade him.

Two league insiders familiar with the negotiations and speaking on the condition of anonymity said last night the Eagles actually finalized a trade with the 49ers and hammered out a long-term, multi-million dollar contract with Owens, only to see the 49ers - against Owens' wishes - ship him instead to the Baltimore Ravens.

"Terrell was ecstatic," said a second league insider, an NFL agent who is familiar with the details of yesterday's negotiations. "Philly is where he wanted to go all along. He was under the impression he was an Eagle. It was a done deal."

Sounds to me that he would much rather be a Eagle, than a Raven. If I were the Ravens, I would either try to get the second-round pick back, or I would try to trade him.

Yeah, but take that for what it's worth. That is some "insider" talking. I know what your saying, and it does sound like a s***ty thing to say. If they trade him I don't think they would get their 2nd round pick back for him.

Yeah, but take that for what it's worth. That is some "insider" talking. I know what your saying, and it does sound like a s***ty thing to say. If they trade him I don't think they would get their 2nd round pick back for him.

No, I know they wouldn't. I meant, try to get the pick back from the Niners, if the grievence by the Eagles has some barring. Otherwise, I would get as much as possible for him.