Tennessee/NYJets Trade

Tennessee trades WR Justin McCariens (sp?) to New York Jets for a 2nd Round pick.

You gotta be kidding me, T.O. got a second rounder and McCariens gets the same thing? Anyone find that a little odd? Obviously T.O.'s contract is gonna be bigger, but I think the 49ers gots a pretty raw deal...

He actually used to work out at the same personal trainer I work out with...the sixth degree of Super!!! :lol:

Owens had to leave. He could not stay in SF because he bashed everything in and out of the team. He was never going to play for the Niners again.

Jets get the big receiver they want to pair with Moss. It's too bad they missed out on Winfield, othawise this would hav been a good offseason for em.

Owens and McCareins both giong for 2nd round picks? Seems like a steep price to pay if you would have had Owens for the same price. Isn't that right Cheat? I mean the bar was set. If McCareins can go for a 2nd round pick then where does that leave Train, one of the best break away backs in the league, a proven back, doesn't turn it over, and has proven he can handle the workload that comes with an NFL season, should bring us back at least what McCareins, who never went over 1,000 yards and only has 9 career touchdowns in 3 full NFL seasons, brought the Titans. Of course, that is if Train IS that good. Don't you think that if the Bears could get a 2nd rounder for Train they would move him in a heartbeat? I would think so.

Tennessee trades WR Justin McCariens (sp?) to New York Jets for a 2nd Round pick.

You gotta be kidding me, T.O. got a second rounder and McCariens gets the same thing?  Anyone find that a little odd?  Obviously T.O.'s contract is gonna be bigger, but I think the 49ers gots a pretty raw deal...

49ers screwed themselves in many ways. They couldn't afford him due to salary cap restricitons and they came out and said they were going to trade him in the next 72 hours. TO is a troublemaker, but teh niners didn't help themselves out one bit.

Owens and McCareins both giong for 2nd round picks? Seems like a steep price to pay if you would have had Owens for the same price. Isn't that right Cheat? I mean the bar was set. If McCareins can go for a 2nd round pick then where does that leave Train, one of the best break away backs in the league, a proven back, doesn't turn it over, and has proven he can handle the workload that comes with an NFL season, should bring us back at least what McCareins, who never went over 1,000 yards and only has 9 career touchdowns in 3 full NFL seasons, brought the Titans. Of course, that is if Train IS that good. Don't you think that if the Bears could get a 2nd rounder for Train they would move him in a heartbeat? I would think so.

:nono nice try...

I'm not taking the bait.

The Bears aren't shopping the Train... I've never stated that.

FACT

No, I stated that if they received an offer of a 2nd or 3rd rounder then they would take it. I think we would both agree on that. You said the bar was set with Owens, obvioulsy it was not. If he really is that good as you say then why arent teams offering what was offered for McCareins or for that matter AJ Feely?

No, I stated that if they received an offer of a 2nd or 3rd rounder then they would take it. I think we would both agree on that. You said the bar was set with Owens, obvioulsy it was not. If he really is that good as you say then why arent teams offering what was offered for McCareins or for that matter AJ Feely?

Because he's not on the BLOCK

i think he was just being hypothetical. hes saying if train was on the block da bears would accept a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

Your right Willie, but Cheat won't look at it that way becuase it goes against what he is saying. I also think that if the Bears were offered a 2nd or 3rd rounder by anyone at all the Bears would jump at that opportunity. If he was on the block or not. I think we can all agree on that.

Because he's not on the BLOCK

The Bears have said they did receive offers for him. Obvioulsy it was nothing as good as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I never knew the Eagles had Feely on the block, did you? They had an offer they couldn't refuse. I never knew McCareins was on the block, did you? They also received an offer they couldn't refuse. Plus how do you and I even know if a player is on the block? Does this sort of thing have to be announced to everyone? By announcing that you are trading a player and looking for the best offer then that usually hurts your bargaining position, such as with the Niners and Owens.

I have noticed that as well. WHy is that? He have a good combine day?

He had a very good combine. Ran faster then many thought he would run(I think they thought he would run a 4.65 or so, and he ran about 4.50), and I also think he's increased his strength a little bit. Good size(about 6'2'', 205), goes over the middle...he could be very good.

In fact, Scott Wright, who runs NFL Draft Countdown initially had him ranked about 7th or 8th, maybe even lower, but has him in the top 5 receivers now, above Michael Clayton(LSU), Lee Evans(WISC), and Michael Jenkins(Ohio St.). He is moving up quickly, and quite honestly, I could see him sneaking into the late first round, especially if New England moves up.

He had a very good combine.  Ran faster then many thought he would run(I think they thought he would run a 4.65 or so, and he ran about 4.50), and I also think he's increased his strength a little bit.  Good size(about 6'2'', 205), goes over the middle...he could be very good.

In fact, Scott Wright, who runs NFL Draft Countdown initially had him ranked about 7th or 8th, maybe even lower, but has him in the top 5 receivers now, above Michael Clayton(LSU), Lee Evans(WISC), and Michael Jenkins(Ohio St.).  He is moving up quickly, and quite honestly, I could see him sneaking into the late first round, especially if New England moves up.

Wow that is a huge jump. I have seen scenarios where is in the first round. I believe picked by the Eagles.

Woods is awesome too. What a year for WRs. IIRC he had 6 TD catches in a game last season. What a year for WRs.

There are several guys who would be mid to late first rounders in almost any other year but are 2nd round picks this year because of the depth, and then Mike Williams adds to that craziness by entering the NFL draft as well.

Utter insanity.

I'm hoping the Bills can get Drew Henson but try to convince Houston into taking a 2005 2nd rounder rather then this year's 2nd rounder, because they could get a serious steal by drafting like a (Reggie) Williams, Clayton, Evans, Jenkins, or even Woods if he goes undrafted. I can almost guarantee that 3 or 4, possibly even all 5, would be almost guaranteed first rounders any other year but this year, where they could drop to the mid-2nd round.