6 High schoolers apply for NFL Draft

NEW YORK (AP) — Six high school players and one from junior college have applied for the NFL draft as a result of the court ruling that allowed Maurice Clarett to enter the April 24-25 player selection.

The NFL released the final list of nine players who requested early eligibility after the ruling on Clarett, the running back who played as a freshman at Ohio State but was suspended for last season. March 1 was the deadline for applying, with the players given 72 hours to pull out.

In addition to Clarett and wide receiver Mike Williams of Southern California, there were seven others on the final list, including one from a junior college. Williams, who played two seasons in college, is expected to be a first-round pick while Clarett is thought to be a potential second- or third-rounder.

But most scouts and league officials think the jump is far too great for most underclassmen and high school players.

The seven who applied are Ronnie McCrae, a defensive back from Pasadena City College in California; Joe Banks, a running back from New Directions Academy High School in Baltimore; quarterback John Belisle of Capac Community High School in Capac, Michigan; defensive tackle Earl Fields of Appling County High School in Baxley, Ga.; wide receiver Joe Lee of Gates High School in Tacoma, Wash.; running back Ethan Mitchell of Flowers High School, in Springdale, Md.; and Ken Petitt of Redford High School in Detroit.

This is why the NFL needs a minor league system. All the other sports have some sort of developmental league they can send players to.

(NFL Europe doesn't count) :usa

I would think that cities like Des Moines, Grand Rapids, Columbus etc could support a minor league football team.

This is why the NFL needs a minor league system. All the other sports have some sort of developmental league they can send players to.

(NFL Europe doesn't count)  :usa

I would think that cities like Des Moines, Grand Rapids, Columbus etc could support a minor league football team.

does the AFL count? :lolhitting

Any of them planning on going to State? If not, f***ing morons. If so, f***ing morons.

I was checking some recruiting websites. It doesn't seem that any of them have created any interest from div-1 schools.

If the bengals and Cardinals have enough late round picks, I'm sure they'll all get drafted though.

I was checking some recruiting websites.  It doesn't seem that any of them have created any interest from div-1 schools. 

If the bengals and Cardinals have enough late round picks, I'm sure they'll all get drafted though.

Bengals arn't a bad team...now the Cardinals on the other hand...

when was the last time the Bungles had a winning record?

1990, under head coach Sam Wyche

They were also the 28th Ranked defense in both points and yard allowed last year.  Far from good.

8-8 is far from bad though.

i dont think these kids are making the right move by skipping college. i think college prepares kids very well for the nfl and most of the kids arent even prepared until they are juniors and seniors. i think the nfl's age limit rule was fair.

They won't allow them to be drafted, and it doesn't even matter, because no team is stupid enough to take them anyways.