White Sox-DBacks 3/6/04 Gametime thread

CSF

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has played good/best for the Sox so far?

Rauch was excellent. 3 innings, nada. Stewart was good in his 1 inning of work. Frank did a nice job of picking some balls out of the dirt and catching wide throws. Burke went 2-3, Valentin homered, & Harris has been good at 2nd. On the crappy side, Uribe went 0-4 and failed to get over runners at 1st and 2nd with a bunt, and Grilli struggled early before finding his groove. Reed has struggled at the plate too, though he did single off the 3rd basemen's glove last inning.

Darren Ciracio playing LF, Bryant Nelson now playing 2nd.

couldnt ask for a much better start from him than what he's done

I have been telling you guys in the past that Gload is a very good player. I have seen him over a dozen times in the majors and minors and have come away impressed every time. I am surprised that he has never stuck in the majors. All he has done is hit...hit....hit...and hit some more. He reminds me a lot of a Mark Grace/John Olerod type player. Good line drive swing, with gap power, and good plate disipline(although he could draw a few more walks). He is also a very good athlete and can play 1B or the corner outfield. He also runs very well for a 1B type player. I have very little doubt that he will make the team as the back up 1B/corner outfielder and a lefty bat off the bench(Dauback's role last year), and don't be surprised if he puts together a solid year.

Rauch was excellent.  3 innings, nada.  Stewart was good in his 1 inning of work. Frank did a nice job of picking some balls out of the dirt and catching wide throws.  Burke went 2-3, Valentin homered, & Harris has been good at 2nd.  On the crappy side, Uribe went 0-4 and failed to get over runners at 1st and 2nd with a bunt, and Grilli struggled early before finding his groove. Reed has struggled at the plate too, though he did single off the 3rd basemen's glove last inning.

Darren Ciracio playing LF, Bryant Nelson now playing 2nd.

Thank you!!!

I'd hate to be Ozzie right now, it looks like he's gonna have a hell of a time picking out his pitching staff.

WOW! When is the last time we could say that about our starting pitching staff?

Has Shoe gotten a chance to pitch yet? I hope he can keep it up.

CWSOX45