Rocky outing for Colon debut:

CSF

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serves that free spending Anaheim owner Arte Moreno right for mindlessly throwing his money around on the likes of that apathetic, lazy fat tub of lard and on that Vlad character as well.  Here's hoping that the Angels finish in last place.

You are kidding.. right? Had the Sox paid him would you be saying the same thing about our ownership..?

242 innings pitched... keep that in mind.

Something else regarding Bart last year...

His park-adjusted ERA last season was 16% better than the league average, and only Roy Halladay threw more innings. I think that's an impressive performace. Andy Pettitte won 21 games for the Yankees while performing just 9% better than the league average. With good run support, Colon would have won 20 games easily and very few fans would say their team couldn't use a 20-game winner. No matter what the cost...

Steff, there is no doubt that Bartolo was a valueable asset to the Sox last year. Regardless of what some other notoriously infamous anti-Bartolo posters may think. But there is no need in dwelling on those 242 innings pitched. Someone will pitch them for the Sox this year. :)

You are kidding.. right? Had the Sox paid him would you be saying the same thing about our ownership..?

242 innings pitched... keep that in mind.

Steff:

I did not want the Sox to re-sign Fat Pig Colon. He is only a .500 pitcher and if we have to have a 242 inning pitcher, it should be a guy with both a better attitude and a better W-L record than 15-13.

As for the Sox spending money, I want it to be spent wisely and not give out big contracts like that Arte Moreno moron did just for the sake of making a big splash.

YASNY: Since when is a pitcher who only goes 15-13 a "valuable asset"?

Steff, there is no doubt that Bartolo was a valueable asset to the Sox last year.  Regardless of what some other notoriously infamous anti-Bartolo posters may think. But there is no need in dwelling on those 242 innings pitched.  Someone will pitch them for the Sox this year.  :)

Yas.. leave me alone :P

Yes.. someone will pitch those innings.. I would prefer it not be 3 different guys though... ;)

• 2 months later...
Colon Update: 4.96 ERA, getting beat by the Yankees tonight 4-0 in the 4th...

Raise your hand if you're glad we didn't resign him...

:headbang

Even Jeter hit a homer off him. Only gettin up to 92 MPH on his fastball. ;)

Looks like KW's cheap manuevering of Garland and Show to step up this year and be solid in the 3 and 4 holes has worked out so far....Let's hope it keeps up.

As for Bartolo... :puke

See ya El Goo

Cotts I have faith in. Watch him pitch a gem on Saturday.. :) :headbang

That'll be pretty hard:

Cotts will probably only pitch a few innings, because he is not accustomed to a high pitch count. He said he will approach this start like any relief appearance.

"I'm just going to pitch like I've been pitching," said Cotts, who is 0-1 with a 2.45 ERA this season. "I've been successful so far, so I'll stick with it and see how it goes."

Colon freaking sucks. Man was he awful tonight. Thank god Ortiz came in and I could finally see someone decent pitch for the Angels. Speaking of which, I think Ortiz is on the verge of figuring it out and wouldn't be a bad pick up for the Sox.

Also note that the Angels are screwed with Colon's contract. I reitirate that I can't blame JR for not giving him 4 yr 48.

Colon freaking sucks.  Man was he awful tonight.  Thank god Ortiz came in and I could finally see someone decent pitch for the Angels.  Speaking of which, I think Ortiz is on the verge of figuring it out and wouldn't be a bad pick up for the Sox.

Also note that the Angels are screwed with Colon's contract.  I reitirate that I can't blame JR for not giving him 4 yr 48.

Bud Black betta hav some motivational magic up his sleeve for Fartolo, he looked extremely disinterested tonite. It'll be interestin to see what they with Colon if he continues to struggle. ;)

Bud Black betta hav some motivational magic up his sleeve for Fartolo, he looked extremely disinterested tonite. It'll be interestin to see what they with Colon if he continues to struggle.  ;)

They can't do anything except hope he likes the donuts they serve him in the postgame.