Soxtalk NCAA Tournament Pick'em

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we can get a team or two from the religious state of basketball in there....

ND has given itself a shot now....

Valpo or IUPUI might get in from the Mid-Con....

IUPUI?! Hell no! Valpo will destroy the Jaguars. It's time we get back into the tournament, a two year dry spell would suck. But VU has to first get by the 8th seeded Oakland Grizzlies who were the preseason favorites. We are 12-0 vs. Oakland which can always scare you since streaks are almost always snapped.

BTW- I'm in.

I won a free lunch w/ my 5th grade teacher for having the most picks right that year. (It shows how big basketball is here; we were filling brackets out as assignments.) I think I picked UMass that year; I was really big on Camby that year. In 2001, I won 2 big pools. I filled out one for my mom's work and entered a pool at school. I had all the final four picks right that year.

I swear it's gotten harder though. The more NCAA B-Ball I watch, the more I over-analyze these picks. I should start picking by better colors or mascots or something. :lol:

I see Illini to the Alamo and laugh. The first thing that comes to mind is the Alamo Bowl, and we all know Illinois isn't going to a bowl game any time soon. They have to beat a I-A team first. :lol: Then I realize the Final Four is in the Alamo. I continue to laugh.

I've won money in a pool every year since '96.

Of course I enter enough pools, and change up my picks to make it an almost certainty that I win at least one of them.

Yeah, but this time you're actually doing it with other people. ;) :lol:

I should start picking by better colors or mascots or something.

Wait, so my picking strategies are not good? :lol:

Yeah, but this time you're actually doing it with other people. ;)  :lol:

I was in one last year -- I'm not saying where through -- The entry fee was $100 -- They paid out $45,000 in prizes.

I didn't win any money. Although my friend finished dead last, which was your money back plus $100 in lottery scratch off tickets.

I was in one last year -- I'm not saying where through -- The entry fee was $100 -- They paid out $45,000 in prizes.

I didn't win any money.  Although my friend finished dead last, which was your money back plus $100 in lottery scratch off tickets.

I don't get to play for money for a few years. ;)

I see Illini to the Alamo and laugh. The first thing that comes to mind is the Alamo Bowl, and we all know Illinois isn't going to a bowl game any time soon. They have to beat a I-A team first. :lol: Then I realize the Final Four is in the Alamo. I continue to laugh.

Same with me when I saw Northwestern Rules. Northwestern has never even been to the Big Dance. :lol:

Bruce Weber and The Bones is in!

:finger

That's not me though, I am the one, the only, Illini Army.