QUESTION FOR ANYBODY WHO KNOWS

Jordan4life_2007

There's an article on Whitesox.com that breaks down the Minor League system. Here's what caught my eye...Cinderella Story

When an organization takes a pitcher like Brandon McCarthy in the 17th round of the 2002 draft, it's a decision to select a big arm and see what happens. So far, it's been so good for the 6-foot-7 right-hander out of Lamar Community College.

McCarthy made his debut in the Arizona League after signing in 2002, where he promptly led the league in strikeouts and finished seventh in ERA. He moved up to the Pioneer League in 2003, and showed his debut season was no fluke by again leading the league in K's (125 in 101 IP). It would be easy to assume that a big fireballer like this would also be among the league leaders in walks, but that would be wrong. In 179.1 career innings pitched, McCarthy has walked only 30 while striking out 204. Full-season ball will be a good test for the 20-year-old hurler, but he's already exceeded expectations.

Do we have this guy? I've never heard of him...But from reading that it sounds like he's pretty talented. I'm assuming that since this was on a White Sox article that we have him..If anybody knows anything about this guy I would apperciate any info...

Ya, we've heard of him. He's one of the Sox top prospects. Thats some nice pub about him.

He's turned himself from a sleeper into a prospect on most peoples radars, including BA's. I also think he's gotten himself on the Sox radar, considering the story about him.

Although I don't think he was the project peopel made him out to be. McCarthy slid in the draft because he comes from a cold weather state. He had some very impressive collegiate and high school numbers.

BMAC!!! :headbang

And out of curiousity. If any of our posters from the organization are reading right now (Bull, Cotts, Allen, Baj, Mac etc) I'd be really curious to hear how the spring is going, what the competition is like and any other stories that they would be willing to tell.