On-Line Bible Study

Texsox

basically we had one started with the earlier passage thread. That is smaller in scope and died out quickly, but with some interesting commenst. We could expand and perhaps start with Matthew 1-16. Perhaps one of our more talented scholars could summarize conventional wisdom and teaching and we could go from there.

Matthew 1-16 is way, way too big a piece of take on at on time, in my opinion

the only thing that I would really have time for is what I need to work on each week, the appointed lessons for next Sunday

appointed lessons of the RCL

one set of studies

the texts for this week

that gives the 3 lessons and the psalm for the upcoming Sunday and some places of referenace to begin conversation -

and another reason I personally would not start with Matthew is one needs some Prime Covenant background and also excludes Jewish posters - but going with the upcoming lessons will assist those who will hear the lessons from the RCL (most mainline protestants and Roman Catholics) as well as allows two Prime Covenant lessons a week so that Jewish posters have something offered

the lessons for this next Sunday are at 3 Lent lessons

and each week of course the RCL is the source of the lessons that are used on Sunday and follow the church year -

then one can bring in international sources such as from Australia resources from down under

these are my ideas and suggestions

Psalms were the least interesing verses in the Bible until I got a bit older. To me they were kind of boring and not very relevant, or so I thought. It wasn't until a good friend and youth minister began to coach me a little and share some of his favorite Palms that I began to enjoy them.

Psalm 63 1-8 is one of the lessons that cw pointed us towards. It speaks of our desire for God's presence in our lives and of course for protection. Isn't that the easiest time to reach out to God? I'm certain almost everyone has heard the phrase there are no athiest in the fox hole. I'll bet Nuke would agree.

Matthew 1-16 is way, way too big a piece of take on at on time, in my opinion

the only thing that I would really have time for is what I need to work on each week, the appointed lessons for next Sunday

appointed lessons of the RCL

one set of studies   

the texts for this week

that gives the 3 lessons and the psalm for the upcoming Sunday and some places of referenace to begin conversation -

and another reason I personally would not start with Matthew is one needs some Prime Covenant background and also excludes Jewish posters - but going with the upcoming lessons will assist those who will hear the lessons from the RCL (most mainline protestants and Roman Catholics) as well as allows two Prime Covenant lessons a week so that Jewish posters have something offered

the lessons for this next Sunday are at 3 Lent lessons

and each week of course the RCL is the source of the lessons that are used on Sunday and follow the church year -

then one can bring in international sources such as from Australia resources from down under

these are my ideas and suggestions

That's still too much.

What are we going with?

Psalms 63

1 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; 2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. 3 Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. 4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. 5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: 6 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. 7 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. 8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

How many here read Psalms regularly? I just started a couple years ago, and with the correct translation, they are very good. This is one area that I believe a less literal translation is prefered.