Got Dish Network?

mreye

Yeah, I heard that!

:headbang

Eye.. question.. how many receivers do you have..? We have 4 now and need a 5th for the basement.. they are telling me I need a switch, more installation fees, receiver cost, etc, etc...

Like I said.. the DVR is the main reason we have the service over DTV.. but I dunno... :unsure:

They'll be back soon enough.

As for DTV versus DN.. personal preference.. but as someone who uses the PVR several times.. daily.. it's not worth it for us to switch to DTV who charges for using the Tivo.

Your right about the PVR, however I believe that depends on the number of PVRs you have and the package you have. We subscribe to one of the premium packages and have never been charged for the use of the PVR system. I also only have one PVR system for the living room. My other TVs use DTV as well, but do not use the PVR system. So that may also figure into the overall scheme of things. It is 5 bucks per month for the use of the PVR system without a premium package, so that wouldn't deter me from ever using a better overall product. I am not sure if it is 5 bucks per PVR system per month or 5 bucks per month. Either way I don't have a need for more than one PVR system.

Not sure about other sport packages, but the NFL package is exclusive to DTV and I can't get enough football. So if the PVR costs only 5 bucks more a month and I can watch all the football I can handle then that is the way to go for me.

It all boils down to personal preference.

Eye.. question.. how many receivers do you have..? We have 4 now and need a 5th for the basement.. they are telling me I need a switch, more installation fees, receiver cost, etc, etc...

Like I said.. the DVR is the main reason we have the service over DTV.. but I dunno...  :unsure:

I've only got one. We have the ability to hook up two, though, but don't need more than the one at this time. My wife refuses to have a TV in the bedroom. I'd like to have a receiver in my garage, but it's detached and I'd have to get another dish or dig a hole for the wire.

Like I said.. the DVR is the main reason we have the service over DTV.. but I dunno...  :unsure:

Steff does it cost you more per month for each reciever you have? If so how much? Can't you just upgrade the LNB so you can attach more receivers to it? DirecTV has one that can support 5 receivers, I am not sure how Dish Network works. That should be something you can do yourself I would think and it should save you on istallation and such.