Woman tries to pass $1,000,000

Texsox

A woman tried (unsuccessfully) to pass a $1,000,000 bill at Wal*Mart. The clerk dis not have enough change. I figured no one was dumb enough to accept a phony denomination and then came across this:

SEPTEMBER 12--North Carolina cops are searching for a guy who successfully passed a $200 bill bearing George W. Bush's portrait and a drawing of the White House complete with lawn signs reading "We like ice cream" and "USA deserves a tax cut." The phony Bush bill--a copy of which you'll find below--was presented to a cashier at a Food Lion in Roanoke Rapids on September 6 by an unidentified male who was seeking to pay for $150 in groceries. Remarkably, the cashier accepted the counterfeit note and gave the man $50 change. In a separate incident involving a different perp, Roanoke Rapids cops Tuesday arrested Michael Harris, 24, for attempting last month to pass an identical $200 Bush bill at a convenience store. (3 pages)

bushbill1.jpg

I like the part that says "This note is moral legal tender to preserve the United States Constitution."

Ooops. Thank God I'm not a cashier anymore...I would have peed my pants laughing...

I was just reading these two stories...  all I have to say is WalMart=Societies Lowest Common Denominator.

You know whats really sad is that in a lot of small towns in the southeast the local Wal-Mart is the center of the universe. Local teens hang out there like it was a real mall or something. Now that is truly pathetic.

You know whats really sad is that in a lot of small towns in the southeast the local Wal-Mart is the center of the universe.  Local teens hang out there like it was a real mall or something.  Now that is truly pathetic.

Yea... pathetic :headshake

edited to add..

For the record.. I think what you said was a s***ty and ignorant thing to say. Who are you to judge what's entertainment for people in such areas..? I'd rather see them hanging out at Wal-Mart than out getting high, or drunk, or getting into worse trouble.

edited to add..

For the record.. I think what you said was a s***ty and ignorant thing to say. Who are you to judge what's entertainment for people in such areas..? I'd rather see them hanging out at Wal-Mart than out getting high, or drunk, or getting into worse trouble.

Yeah! If it wasn't for Wal-Mart they would turn into the next Bo & Luke Hazard--always running from the law. :ph34r:

filmjump.jpg

edited to add..

come on there is nothing wrong with getting high or drunk if you are safe with it, and not endangering anyone.

Yeah! If it wasn't for Wal-Mart they would turn into the next Bo & Luke Hazard--always running from the law. :ph34r:

filmjump.jpg

I'm Sheriff Roscooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooe P Coltraine and I'm in HOT........PURSUIT!! Come on Cletus, you dipstick, we gotta catch dem Duke boys!

I'm Sheriff Roscooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooe P Coltraine and I'm in HOT........PURSUIT!!  Come on Cletus, you dipstick, we gotta catch dem Duke boys!

Well.. that certiantly explains the familiar tone when discussing those pathetic folks in small towns.

I guess that joke went right over your head.  Have you ever watched the Dukes of Hazard before?

Yes I have.. and likewise on the joke comment Nuke.

I don't know you, never met you.. and yet I - who just expressed disgust in generalizing someone because of where they hang out - would take a shot at you who uses a redneck Dukes of Hazzard "joke" to make a point.. :nono