Friends With Benefits

Texsox

Have you or would you enter a friend with benefits relationship?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Have you or would you enter a friend with benefits relationship?

• Yes
    • No
    • hmmm maybe, with the right person

No-Strings-Attached Sex

Can friends with benefits-- or bed buddies -- really benefit both parties, or is there usually unexpected emotional fallout?

By Gina Shaw

WebMD Feature Reviewed By Brunilda  Nazario, MD 

During Julia's junior year in college, she met a great guy. But she didn't want to date him. "I was at the end of another relationship that had been really good. So I don't think I was psychologically ready to get involved again and at the same time, I was pretty horny," she recalls.

The Link to a Web MD article

Many voters, not many comments.

Would those that say no reject on moral grounds, physical health, psychological health, combination of all 3?

Now when she says she still wants to be friends, it might not be such a bad thing.

Do you think this is easier at 20? 40? 60? 80?

What would your reaction be if it was your Mom? Grandpa? Daughter? Pastor? Mod?

I am just thinking it is probably easier at 40 or 60 than 20. That puts it into the parent age. I saw you mom last night with some guy named SuperSteve, is that her new boyfriend? No, that's her bed buddy. She calls him up when she gets tense.

:D

Yes it can work and yes it can get ugly.  I've experienced both extremes and the former is much more enjoyable.

Aboz is right... I've been on both sides...

Either way, somebody's going to wind up waning more out of the relationship than the other. No matter what, even if both are still "just friends", one may want the other to accompany them to a social function, i.e. a wedding, one of them will no doubt feel this assumption falls outside the bounds of a "friends" relationship.

I'm fairly impressed with how I expressed myself while completely s***faced. :cheers :drink :drink :drink

A lot of people "don't see anything wrong with it." At the risk of sounding old-fashioned, what about irresponsible unmarried sex that risks diseases, unwanted pregnancies, etc.? :huh

If you are smart about it, it's a non-issue. Sure, birth control isn't 100% guaranteed, but nothing in life is.

Damn, I sure would like to know how the young woman sitting across from me would answer that ;)

I am beginning to see why the public internet access area here is so popular. Toss in a couple wide screens and a bar and I might never leave.

A lot of people "don't see anything wrong with it." At the risk of sounding old-fashioned, what about irresponsible unmarried sex that risks diseases, unwanted pregnancies, etc.? :huh

My thought is, that your obviously friends with the person, your just not looking for a relationship. You know the person enough that you know at least a bit of their sexual background.

To me, like I said earlier, thats way better then a one night stand. Like I've always said, the only one night stands I could see having (Minus somehow getting Brittney Spears or someone like that, lol) would be with a friend.

I've had one or two friends with benefits type relationships. Like Cheat and Boz said, sometimes it doesn't work out, but its still kind of a no pressure type situation and pretty enjoyable. But usually one person ends up wanting more or what not and its hard to have a friendship last after that, but it also depends on the people.