Computer Shopping

Texsox

I am trying to decide if I should pick up a new case and motherboard and keep my HD, CDRW, etc. or buy a new machine. Being a cheap college student I was looking at Tiger Direct and liked their prices on refurbished systems. Has anyone here bought one? Any other place to look for decent systems for under $500?

I am trying to decide if I should pick up a new case and motherboard and keep my HD, CDRW, etc. or buy a new machine. Being a cheap college student I was looking at Tiger Direct and liked their prices on refurbished systems. Has anyone here bought one? Any other place to look for decent systems for under $500?

For a couple hundred more you can get a brand new Dell or Gateway. Why mess with refurbished stuff when a brand new machine isint much more expensive?

I purchase items there all the time to build computers or to upgrade. I have never had a problem with them. I did have a case window that I had to return that I was given some bad information on, but 1 time out of 100 isn't a bad ratio. If I was you I would just upgrade your current system, unless it gets too expensive.

A good place to look for parts is www.pricewatch.com. Make sure you read everything though because most items are OEM, which a lot of people don't like. I, again, have never had a problem with OEM parts. Plus they are still under warranty by the manufacturer. I think most don't like them because it doesn't come with the manual or software/driver. But you can easily find those things by searching the web.

Good luck on either way you go.

stop buying crap and s***

get what is real

what you need

this is my best advice to a very good friend

dell has unbelivable prices if you just want a inexpensive reliable computor.