Column: White Sox Face Line Up Woes

Chisoxfn

Kempers great response. I agree with everything you said.

I certainly don't. To start with, I'll agree with you on Jiminez. Filling Durham's shoes will not be easy, but the guy really looked like a ballplayer to me. Crede also, not a sure thing but I like his odds of being the real deal. As for Olivo, we got no production last year from the catcher position. If he hits .230 and plays quality defense, it's an improvement. Valentin's numbers have been going down while they jerked him around because of the Clayton fiasco. Put him at short, leave him alone, and it's good bet he'll rebound to his 2000 stats. I fully expect Lee and Thomas to improve over last years stats, and feel good about the chances that Maggs and Paulie can duplicate last year. All in all, there is a pretty solid nucleus to build the lineup around. We did score a ton of runs last year. Oh, I forgot CF... After April, Lofton was terrible. Rowand was improvement after Lofton was traded. He'll hold it down adequately.

I certainly don't. To start with, I'll agree with you on Jiminez. Filling Durham's shoes will not be easy, but the guy really looked like a ballplayer to me. Crede also, not a sure thing but I like his odds of being the real deal. As for Olivo, we got no production last year from the catcher position. If he hits .230 and plays quality defense, it's an improvement. Valentin's numbers have been going down while they jerked him around because of the Clayton fiasco. Put him at short, leave him alone, and it's good bet he'll rebound to his 2000 stats. I fully expect Lee and Thomas to improve over last years stats, and feel good about the chances that Maggs and Paulie can duplicate last year. All in all, there is a pretty solid nucleus to build the lineup around. We did score a ton of runs last year. Oh, I forgot CF... After April, Lofton was terrible. Rowand was improvement after Lofton was traded. He'll hold it down adequately.

Don't forget Crede is basicaly replacing clayton in the line up so anything he does in an improvement to the offence.

Don't forget Crede is basicaly replacing clayton in the line up so anything he does in an improvement to the offence.

The key word there bieing "anything". :D