MVP Baseball 2004

UofIChiSox

Hey guys, I just bought MLB 2004 today, and it has both the Knights and Barons on the game as well as every other team's AAA and AA teams, but the players in the minors aren't real. Therefore I want to go through and at least create some of the top prospects for the Sox and maybe some other teams too. I was just wondering if anybody knew where I could get scouting reports and info on prospects for free. I'm talking like what kind of pitches the pitchers throw and what not. I know it's kind of pathetic, but I'm in college, I have to do something to pass the time!!

On futuresox.com, is there an area with scouting reports?  Like what pitches each guy has?

Other than that...

Fabulous site.

We should hav sumthin like that up fairly soon, but if chuck in sum names I can try and get sum quick profiles up here on this thread like say what pitches Cotts has etc.

I know I can get names, numbers, physical stuff, and stats there, I can go by the stats on the batters I guess to guess ratings, I guess I really just wanted like pitches for the pitchers and maybe projections for how good they might turn out to be. The top 50 articles are pretty helpful, but where could I find the top twenty of those guys. I'm only seeing 21-40.

Last year's Top 50 is up......The new one will be out sometime in the next couple of weeks, but, knowing Jason, switch weeks to month....:)

Last years is pretty good for what I needed to know. Do you have any idea what pitches Grilli throws? And has Pacheo developed his offspeed pitch yet?

Hey man I was thinking of buying that game myself, who is all on the Sox roster and would it be worth it to buy the game from what youve played so far? And is the franchise mode really that much better?... also... does it have a good soundtrack or the same old annoying ass songs I have to hear 50 times over and over.. thanks man

Hey man I was thinking of buying that game myself, who is all on the Sox roster and would it be worth it to buy the game from what youve played so far? And is the franchise mode really that much better?... also... does it have a good soundtrack or the same old annoying ass songs I have to hear 50 times over and over.. thanks man

Yeah, same here, for anyone who's played it, tell us how it is. I want to buy it, but the fielding sucked last year, and while I like the Hitting engine of being able to place it where you hit, I think it's pretty stupid, because if you don't want to hit into a DP, all you gotta do is aim up.

Yeah, same here, for anyone who's played it, tell us how it is.  I want to buy it, but the fielding sucked last year, and while I like the Hitting engine of being able to place it where you hit, I think it's pretty stupid, because if you don't want to hit into a DP, all you gotta do is aim up.

its awesome, there is a thread about it in the OT board

Cotts: Should already be on the game, but he only has 2 pitches, a 2 seam and 4 seam fastball I believe. Add a change and curve b/w 60 and 70, but he shouldn't pitch any faster than 92 MPH.

Rauch: Jon's got a good fastball and curve combo, they both prob should be just ova 70, add in a change as well in the 50 to 65's.

Diaz: Felix is 6-1 180 born in 07/27/81 and has got an excellent fastball / change combo, 65 to 70 for those 2. He's also got a curve and slider, but they aren't very good so I'd say around 50 to 55 for those 2 pitches.

Pacheco: Enemico's a slight build 6-1, 171, 08/31/78 and he has 2 good fastballs, 4 seamer and 2 seamer, both should be about 60 to 70. And in a curve or changeup below 60.

Gload: Gload is 6-0 185, born in 04/05/76. Gload is a LH, and will hav pretty good contact so about 70 to 80 for that. Pretty low Power, below 60.

Any more players just lemme know, I can try and do a whole team if ya want, should hav at least 20 players for Birmingham and Charlotte. I can also put in guys like Sweeney and Anderson for Birmingham as well.

Cotts: Should already be on the game, but he only has 2 pitches, a 2 seam and 4 seam fastball I believe. Add a change and curve b/w 60 and 70, but he shouldn't pitch any faster than 92 MPH.

Rauch: Jon's got a good fastball and curve combo, they both prob should be just ova 70, add in a change as well in the 50 to 65's.

Diaz: Felix is 6-1 180 born in 07/27/81 and has got an excellent fastball / change combo, 65 to 70 for those 2. He's also got a curve and slider, but they aren't very good so I'd say around 50 to 55 for those 2 pitches.

Pacheco: Enemico's a slight build 6-1, 171, 08/31/78 and he has 2 good fastballs, 4 seamer and 2 seamer, both should be about 60 to 70. And in a curve or changeup below 60.

Gload: Gload is 6-0 185, born in 04/05/76. Gload is a LH, and will hav pretty good contact so about 70 to 80 for that. Pretty low Power, below 60.

Any more players just lemme know, I can try and do a whole team if ya want, should hav at least 20 players for Birmingham and Charlotte. I can also put in guys like Sweeney and Anderson for Birmingham as well.

Thanks you so much DBAHO! :notworthy