New Korn song

Steff

Probably good that you're not a traffic accident investigator.  :lol:  :lol:

This city would be screwed if I was a cop or a state patrol chick.

I would be a total b**** if I was a cop. :lol:

Also - the mustang thing is because I know how Brian and his buddies that have mustangs can get. I will give Brian credit that he doesn't get stupid with his cars - he loves his cars too much to damage them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, on the topic of Stern:

I used to be an avid listener - bought the stupid videos and books, too :lolhitting - now I'm bored to tears by him.

Not sure what changed, but I can't listen to him or any of his ilk ( Muller, Dahl, Matthews ) anymore - it's all too boring.

Listened to a little of Stern's Martyr Party this morning, but I couldn't take much of it. Playing all the media reports along with songs that fit the "struggle"....it was unbearable. It comes off sounding like a bit, like Stern was waiting for a crusade of some sort to play the victim again, and finally got one. Just sounded really contrived.

This city would be screwed if I was a cop or a state patrol chick.

I would be a total b**** if I was a cop.  :lol:

Also - the mustang thing is because I know how Brian and his buddies that have mustangs can get.  I will give Brian credit that he doesn't get stupid with his cars - he loves his cars too much to damage them.

I'd be a b**** if I was a cop too... I'd definitely write the most tickets ;)

And I agree with you how some guys are with their muscle cars.. but like you point out, some are like Brian. I just hate to make an assumption about the drivers actions when all the facts are not known.

It was. He made the montage this morning.

Sorry, I misplaced that thought - I meant to say that his outrage and threats to quit and go to satellite radio sound really contrived. The whole martyr thing comes off like a ploy to become the underdog, the antihero again, instead of the mainstream guy he had become when the movie was coming out.

Sorry, I misplaced that thought - I meant to say that his outrage and threats to quit and go to satellite radio sound really contrived. The whole martyr thing comes off like a ploy to become the underdog, the antihero again, instead of the mainstream guy he had become when the movie was coming out.

I completely understand what you're saying.

I guess I see it a bit differently from listening to this come to a head over the past 3 weeks.

And he's definitely not the same guy he was 9 years ago. Are any of us...? :huh

Hmmm... where is it that I stated that I voted republican... ?  :huh  :headshake

That was a general statement, Steff. Not directed at you, per se.

What I was saying is that if you are a hard-core Republican/Bush supporter/supporter of the "religious Right" (moral minority), don't complain about having personal and/or civil rights taken away by the Gov.

These are the people who are taking those Rights away!!!

What I was saying is that if you are a hard-core Republican/Bush supporter/supporter of the "religious Right" (moral minority), don't complain about having personal and/or civil rights taken away by the Gov.

This bill passed by a 391-22 margin. That is more than just Republicans voting for it. That is an awful broad brush to paint with, when both sides of the aisle are falling over themselves to get this bill passed.

Ahh.. I see. Guess I got a bit confused when you quoted my comments.

And you might want to check out that bill that Congress just passed on to the Senate... ONE Republican voted against it and MORE THAN THREE-FOURTHS of the Democrats voted FOR IT.

This bill passed by a 391-22 margin.  That is more than just Republicans voting for it.  That is an awful broad brush to paint with, when both sides of the aisle are falling over themselves to get this bill passed.

Oh... what he said, too..

I've got to start reading ahead at others replies.. :lolhitting

I don't understand why some people or the government feel the need to CONTROL what I or others listen to. I know what his show is about. I know what he is saying. If I don't like it I can change the channel/station. What is the big deal? I don't understand the need for stricter regulations.

About the accident, it was a gruesome accident. I am in the opinion as Fan is on that a Mustang + 3:30 in the AM equals more than 80. However, more would also go into this to convince me that it was the drivers fault. Was he drunk? How old was he? Teenager + Mustang + 3:30 in the AM = very high rate of speed. That is just my opinion. I am sure we will all know the specifics by the end of the weekend.

Was he drunk? How old was he? Teenager + Mustang + 3:30 in the AM = very high rate of speed. That is just my opinion. I am sure we will all know the specifics by the end of the weekend.

The driver was 21, his passenger was 20. (NBC just updated the story)

The whole thing s terribly gruesome - the truck dragged the Mustang 100ft before it could stop and the truck was on top of the guys hand delaying them from extracating him (they needed a crane to life the truck).

I seriously hope the truck driver goes for counseling. It was, in no way, his fault, but after going through that, he will need the support of his family and a good counselor.

Oh look.. the local news can't even report matching stories..  :headshake

This surprises you? :lol:

EDIT: Looks like they are starting to match up the stories - ABC7 and NBC5 are both running very similar stories - previously, NBC listed the woman's age as 20.

MSNBC News Update

Alcohol Contributed To Deadly Accident On Route 53WMAQ-TV

Updated: 3:44 p.m. ET March 12, 20042:42 p.m. CST March 12, 2004 - State police said that alcohol and a high rate of speed both contributed to a deadly crash early Friday morning on Route 53 at Higgins Road.

Just as some of us some of us have speculated. Driver of the mustang was a dumb ass. No tire blowouts, just stupidity lead to the car being out of control and the death of two.

Sometimes, as in this situation, giving certain people the benefit of the doubt seems a little nieve. Using the information that was provided people could have easily chose different circumstances, which we have clearly seen happen. Seeing these certain situations time and time again in my life I have used past experiences to come to a certain conclusion. To come to another conlcusion would have been just as justified as my own, however I still believe extremely nieve.

Again, this is just an opinion. Everyone can always come to their own conclusions and expectations of a situation. I am not taking that away from anyone. To each their own.

And so now I'm niave...  :headshake

Might have been better off passing on this response.  :banghead

I thought he was referring to the people that got in the car with the drunk? :huh: Maybe I misunderstood the post...

On that note traffic looks like hell for my ride home. Hopefully I get home before Monday morning. :ph34r: :lol:

And so now I'm niave...  :headshake

Might have been better off passing on this response.  :banghead

If you are referring to me or anything I say then you can do so if you so please. I don't mind in the least, I won't take offense to it. I can see now that you are in fact a very sweet and understanding person and do not intend to insult. It's ok.

I would not know if you are in fact naive. Thinking in certain ways about certain circumstances is considered naive. By myself having a huge positive attitude toward a White Sox team that only has maybe 2 or 3 decent starters may be considered naive. However, that is how I believe. Am I naive? In that situation it is definately possible. I am hoping for the best. Just as you were thinking the best of a person. Nothing is wrong with that. If I indeed insulted you, please don't take it that way. It is nothing personal. It is only an opinion about a certain situation.

Please don't tell me what is better off for me to respond to or what to pass on. I think I can make my own judgements on what to do in certain situations. Thank you for looking out for me though, I appreciate it.

I think we are way off the topic pf the song and the FCC now. By the way thank you for the site information. I already went there and signed and have sent the link to a bunch of friends and co-workers. Thanks again!