New Korn song

Steff

I thought he was referring to the people that got in the car with the drunk?  :huh: Maybe I misunderstood the post...

On that note traffic looks like hell for my ride home.  Hopefully I get home before Monday morning.  :ph34r:  :lol:

No, the people that got into the car with the drunk are just stupid. Not naive. At that point and being 20 or 21 you have to know it would be better off to call a cab. I was in fact referring to people's naive conclusions to a certain situation. I think we have all seen enough of these accidents in our lifetime and can come to certain conclusions about how these situations come about. We tend to use our own life experiences to come to these conclusions. Reading the informaiton given to us you could come up with different cuircumstances that this type of thing could occur. I think it would be naive to think this person in the mustang was not driving well above a certain speed and/or under the influence of drugs/alcohol.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope Howard goes to XM as that is what I use. If he does, I may even buy stock in it as I am sure more people will be purchasing XMs. I know Sirius recently cut a deal with the NFL, but I think most people watch football games and not listen to it on the radio. What do you guys think? Will Howard really go to sattelite radio? Would he creat a rise in the stock of XM or Sirius if he in fact did go to sattelite radio?

If you are referring to me or anything I say then you can do so if you so please. I don't mind in the least, I won't take offense to it. I can see now that you are in fact a very sweet and understanding person and do not intend to insult. It's ok.

I would not know if you are in fact naive. Thinking in certain ways about certain circumstances is considered naive. By myself having a huge positive attitude toward a White Sox team that only has maybe 2 or 3 decent starters may be considered naive. However, that is how I believe. Am I naive? In that situation it is definately possible. I am hoping for the best. Just as you were thinking the best of a person. Nothing is wrong with that. If I indeed insulted you, please don't take it that way.  It is nothing personal. It is only an opinion about a certain situation.

Please don't tell me what is better off for me to respond to or what to pass on. I think I can make my own judgements on what to do in certain situations. Thank you for looking out for me though, I appreciate it.

I think we are way off the topic pf the song and the FCC now. By the way thank you for the site information. I already went there and signed and have sent the link to a bunch of friends and co-workers. Thanks again!

SSI... you posted your opinion that it was niave in this case to give the benefit of the doubt... I gave the benefit of the doubt.. so you were calling me niave... no?

And I didn't tell YOU to pass on anything.. I was talking about ME and I probaly should have passed on RESPONDING.

You're welcome for the link. I passed it along to 3 boards and at least 50 people. Who knows.. maybe it'll make a difference. :huh

SSI... you posted your opinion that it was niave in this case to give the benefit of the doubt... I gave the benefit of the doubt.. so you were calling me niave... no?

And I didn't tell YOU to pass on anything.. I was talking about ME and I probaly should have passed on RESPONDING.

You're welcome for the link. I passed it along to 3 boards and at least 50 people. Who knows.. maybe it'll make a difference.  :huh

Yes, I was in fact calling your statement a naive statement. If you want your statement to be an actual part of yourself then yes you are correct in this particular situation I am calling you naive. I don't know or think you are a naive person in other circumstances.

Sorry for the miscommunication, totally my fault.

I really think it will make a difference. You are definately doing good by doing that. Every little bit helps.

Yes, I was in fact calling your statement a naive statement. If you want your statement to be an actual part of yourself then yes you are correct in this particular situation I am calling you naive. I don't know or think you are a naive person in other circumstances.

I choose to hear the facts before forming an opinion or s***ting on people.

And a personal experience as well. Back in 1998 I was driving home from being out after a Sox game. It was about 2 in the morning and I was crusing down I57, as I lived in Alsip at the time. An asshole in a Volvo cut me off.. I went flying across 3 lanes of mild traffic at 47th street, hit the curb, my car flipped three times and rested upside down. I should have been dead. The cops came.. it was a huge ordeal. There was litter - including beer cans - all over the embankment. Immediately they thought I was driving drunk. There I was on the side of the road at 2 in the morning bleeding from my head from the broken sun roof of my car and they wanted me to blow. I was not drunk.. but that's not the point. The accident was not my fault. Totally out of my control. Yet everyone just assumed I was drunk. So much for assuming...

So yes.. I give folks the benefit of the doubt. If that makes me a bad person, or niave, so be it I guess.

I choose to hear the facts before forming an opinion or s***ting on people.

And a personal experience as well. Back in 1998 I was driving home from being out after a Sox game. It was about 2 in the morning and I was crusing down I57, as I lived in Alsip at the time. An asshole in a Volvo cut me off.. I went flying across 3 lanes of mild traffic at 47th street, hit the curb, my car flipped three times and rested upside down. I should have been dead. The cops came.. it was a huge ordeal. There was litter - including beer cans - all over the embankment. Immediately they thought I was driving drunk. There I was on the side of the road at 2 in the morning bleeding from my head from the broken sun roof of my car and they wanted me to blow. I was not drunk.. but that's not the point. The accident was not my fault. Totally out of my control. Yet everyone just assumed I was drunk. So much for assuming...

So yes.. I give folks the benefit of the doubt. If that makes me a bad person, or niave, so be it I guess.

This is way off topic now. I heard all the facts I needed to for an OPINION on what happened. If forming an opinion on a situation is s***ting on someone then so be it. In this case the opinion I had formed was correct, as it would be in most cases under these circumstances.

Where did I say you were a bad person? :huh

I actaully stated the contrary. Making a nieve statement does not ever make one a bad person. Giving the benefit of the doubt to someone is never wrong, however can be nieve. I never said you were wrong or a bad person for giving someone the benefit of the doubt. To me, it is my opinion, it was a nieve statement. That is all. It really isn't a big deal.

I am sorry to hear about this instance in your life. That must have been an awful experinece. However, that is one experience you ahd out of life. Now you tell me how many experiences have you had the other way? How many times have you read about it or seen it on the news? I believe we take into account all of our experiences, not just one, and rationlize.

Off topic on the off topic board... :rolleyes:

I didn't say you called me a bad person.. :huh

I'm unsure why the past two posts from you were, what I see as, an explination for your vantage point in this issue... I stated my reasons for why I gave the benefit of the doubt in this situation and that's that.. I don't see where there was a need for discussion about it..

Obviously you think I'm niave, as you've stated so, no big deal. Opinions are like.... :lol: ;)

Off topic on the off topic board...  :rolleyes:

I didn't say you called me a bad person..  :huh

I'm unsure why the past two posts from you were, what I see as, an explination for your vantage point in this issue... I stated my reasons for why I gave the benefit of the doubt in this situation and that's that.. I don't see where there was a need for discussion about it..

Obviously you think I'm niave, as you've stated so, no big deal.

Because I am trying to clarify myself. I wouldn't want any misunderstandings. Like that would ever happen between us Steff...

Naive in this instance.

Stated a naive comment.

Not a naive person in general, as far as I can tell.

Opinions are like....    :lol: ;)

awesome!!!!! :lol: :cheers

Something similar happened to Brian on the DR near Comiskey. He was on his way to work (about 1 in the afternoon) when he hit a car that stalled in the left lane (which turned out to be stolen and abandon). The state trooper didn't want to investigate much because it was raining out and decided Brian fell asleep swerved onto the should and push the car out. The pictures showed otherwise and the judge reprimanded the trooper in court and threw out the tickets he was issued. He was also deemed not responsible for the chick that reended him while he sat there in the crumpled Capri waiting for the cops - he hit the windshield so getting reended after that hurt like a b****.