Schoenweiss was very impressive today

Chisoxfn

The guy looked fantastic. Had a little control problems, but his changeup was what really impressed me. He was throwing it both inside and out and on lefties and righties and was getting him a lot of k's.

I think he finished with 7 k's in his stint giving up 4 hits. Fastball was working good as well and he was really establishing the inside. He also had some nice sliders.

Now Brian Anderson, wow is all I have to say. The guy is very fluid in centerfield. He gunned a guy down at the plate from mid center on the fly. The throw was absolutely perfect. Anderson hit the cutoff men perfectly all game.

On the one play towards Nanita (Who was a defensive replacement and then got pinch hit for) Nanita overthrough the cutoff man, leading to a run. Gload was slick with the glove.

Hurt was creaming the ball today and Konerko had one shot that went just foul, otherwise he didn't hit it hard at all.

Wright pitches tomorrow, so hopefully he does good.

But folks, Anderson is good and at the plate he roped the ball. 1st at bat went with a pitch nicely and the 2nd at bat he ripped a double and showed great speed getting thrown out at 3rd.

Lopez looked nice on his one at bat, roped a single into right. Spidale was pretty solid as well and showed great speed. He was safe on both steals, but they called him out on the 2nd one.

The guy looked fantastic.  Had a little control problems, but his changeup was what really impressed me.  He was throwing it both inside and out and on lefties and righties and was getting him a lot of k's.

I think he finished with 7 k's in his stint giving up 4 hits.  Fastball was working good as well and he was really establishing the inside.  He also had some nice sliders. 

Now Brian Anderson, wow is all I have to say.  The guy is very fluid in centerfield.  He gunned a guy down at the plate from mid center on the fly.  The throw was absolutely perfect.  Anderson hit the cutoff men perfectly all game.

On the one play towards Nanita (Who was a defensive replacement and then got pinch hit  for) Nanita overthrough the cutoff man, leading to a run.  Gload was slick with the glove.

Hurt was creaming the ball today and Konerko had one shot that went just foul, otherwise he didn't hit it hard at all. 

Wright pitches tomorrow, so hopefully he does good. 

But folks, Anderson is good and at the plate he roped the ball.  1st at bat went with a pitch nicely and the 2nd at bat he ripped a double and showed great speed getting thrown out at 3rd.

Lopez looked nice on his one at bat, roped a single into right.  Spidale was pretty solid as well and showed great speed.  He was safe on both steals, but they called him out on the 2nd one.

I think Schoney would still look better coming outta the pen... I dont think we can go through another Gary Glover experience, these guys gotta be READY coming outta camp. If Ozzie wants another lefty in that rotation, there's a guy named Neal Cotts at spring training... get to know him.

I'm hoping to see Cotts pitch tomorrow, but I have no idea if he actually will.

Mike Jackson pitched today as well and looked eh. He still had a decent slider, but a lot of nobodies hit him hard.

Ginter looked lousy, everything he threw was up in the zone, although no one really hit him hard.

Nice to see some good wraps on Anderson. If he stays healthy this year, and doesn't hav any more injury problems with his wrist, he could move up the minors very quickly and so could Ryan Sweeney like Reed did last year.

Saw McCarthy at minor league camp, but they were pretty busy at camp and I had to head back to the major league camp to catch the game.

At minor league camp the pitchers were working on the pickoff moves and such. Looked for Bull and Baj, but couldn't find them anywhere.

He tried talking to shingo.... but gave up after he realized English and Japanese werent the same language. He was pretty dissapointed I gotta say.

He should of kept trying. U know Ozzie talks to Shingo. :lol:

He should of kept trying. U know Ozzie talks to Shingo.  :lol:

The players that speak regular english have a hard time understand what the hell Ozzie has to say.... Im betting that when Ozzie tries talking to shingo.... shingo is just nodding his head while Ozzie goes on who of his rants.

And Uribe looked solid.  He turned on a fastball and bam it was way out of here.

Jason, I have not had a chance to see Uribe at all. In your opinion who do you think would be better playing second for the Sox?

CWSOX45

Jason, I have not had a chance to see Uribe at all. In your opinion who do you think would be better playing second for the Sox?

CWSOX45

Didn't see Willie yet and I'm a Willie fan, but Uribe made a nice defensive play and looked very solid at the plate.

Uribe has a little more pop and the stronger arm, while Harris is a little quicker. I think both have a good chance, but neither have too many at bats yet, so its hard to say.

I'm assuming I'll see Willie today.

The players that speak regular english have a hard time understand what the hell Ozzie has to say.... Im betting that when Ozzie tries talking to shingo.... shingo is just nodding his head while Ozzie goes on who of his rants.

Could you imagine a conversation between Frank, Ozzie, and Shingo? I think that would be fun to see personally.