What Do You Prefer?

C.Rector

What Do You Want Most?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Want Most?

• Illini Win 2004 NCAA Basketball Championship
    • White Sox Win 2004 World Series

Yeah as far as I'm concerned f*** the Illini. This was a biased question and I'm sick of the Illini fans on this board being so self-centered. Illinois has their own game thread every game they play and that is ridiculous. There are more non Illini fans here than there are Illini fans so let's not talk so much about these damn f***ers.

Just because you don't like the Illini doesn't mean Illni fans can't make game threads. That doesn't make any sense. I wouldn't give a damn if you made a Northwestern game thread.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you don't like the Illini doesn't mean Illni fans can't make game threads.  That doesn't make any sense.  I wouldn't give a damn if you made a Northwestern game thread.

I agree game threads are ok.

Making a poll in the PaleHose forum where we usually talk only baseball about the Illini winning an NCAA championship is a bit much.

Just because you don't like the Illini doesn't mean Illni fans can't make game threads.  That doesn't make any sense.  I wouldn't give a damn if you made a Northwestern game thread.

Ok whatever, it bothers me. It's not that annoying, but this question is.

Hey steve.. I cant remember, but could you remind me what the score of the Illinois/Michigan State game was earlier this year?... I cant really remember but I think Illinois won, wasnt it a close game?? Oh wait a minute, thats right, Illinois kill MSU... tee hee... what was I thinking!!

That is ignorant. I have nothing against the Illini, but the people on this board make me seriously dislike them. We will see what happens when State beats Wisky and plays Illinois in the finals. This way, it is not a home game of those Illini.

Oh yeah, you Illinois kids need to learn how to write. You sound like a caveman. Illinois kill MSU, wtf is that. Grrr, me caveman Illini smart because Illinois rocks supertime.

Yeah as far as I'm concerned f*** the Illini. This was a biased question and I'm sick of the Illini fans on this board being so self-centered. Illinois has their own game thread every game they play and that is ridiculous. There are more non Illini fans here than there are Illini fans so let's not talk so much about these damn f***ers.

danman, I could have chosen a post of yours or supersteve's to respond to -

Illinois (and yes they beat Michiagn today) defines self centered for a team that has won nothing ever

Supersteve, remember when you joined here I told you that M fans did not hate MSU - we reserved that emotion for ones for whom we had no respect -

The greatest pep speech in the world was in its enireity given by Bo Schembechler in 1989 when Michigan won the NCAA title and beat Illinois in the final four on its way to the national title: the speech was: "Remember, it's Illinois." Some day Illini fans might wonder why others feel about them the way they do and maybe think about how they come across.

Yeah, there might some posts that trash on Michigan now from Illini fans - big deal, remember, its Illinois -

YASNY - that was an original crack! First person to ever think of that! Congrats!

CubKilla has posted that Notre Dame fans equal Cubs fans - but I could put Illinois right in that category too.

It might be a tougher question if it were asked, what would you see - the Sox win the world series or Illinois go 0-32. I'd still pick the Sox, but I like my question better...

Yeah, it was the intro of how to count the money you AREN'T supposed to be accepting from boosters...

oh, that was clever too -

what to compare the number of times Michigan has been on sports probation (which disgusts me because we deserved it, our department was out of control, and it never should have been, that is not the way we do it) and Illinois has been on sports probation? That is the only category in which Illinois beats Michigan.

Amazing how this war started all because I said I'd have to split time between the Illini game and the Sox-Cubs game!! I realize there are a lot of cocky, ignorant Illini fans, but the same can be said of all schools I think. Anyhow, I try to keep everything here White Sox. I'm keeping the Sig though!!

Illinois (and yes they beat Michiagn today) defines self centered for a team that has won nothing ever

The greatest pep speech in the world was in its enireity given by Bo Schembechler in 1989 when Michigan won the NCAA title and beat Illinois in the final four on its way to the national title: the speech was: "Remember, it's Illinois." Some day Illini fans might wonder why others feel about them the way they do and maybe think about how they come across. 

So why do you dislike Illini fans?

I'm keeping the Sig though!!

your sig is cool since that is your college team -

Laura, that subject has been discussed here before and searching the archives would answer better

not trying to blow you off but I have nothing to add to what has been said before and I am too tired to repeat it tonight

I don't see why so many people on this board are so pissed off about this topic. I mean, who the hell cares. If Illinois, Michigan, Northwestern, or another team's fans want to start game threads on here, that's fine with me. If you don't like Michigan and there's a Michigan game thread, just don't read it. Let the people enjoy it that are Michigan fans and want to talk about the game. For y'all that don't care, there's plenty of other things to talk about on this board. And if there aren't any topics that you see that interest you, do something else. There's other things in life than this message board. Go see a movie or play a video game. If you've got kids and they're around, spend some time with them throwing the baseball or playing basketball. With all that being said, I've got a solution that would make everyone happy: why don't people start non-white sox game threads on the "Sports Bar" forum. That way people can't b**** about the game threads b/c they'd be on a forum meant for that kind of things. But, if someone does post, lets say, an Illinois basketball game thread on the Sox Talk forum, just ignore it. Don't worry about it.

And as for Illinois fans being ignorant and self-centered, every school has fans like this. Yes, that means Michigan, Ohio State (especially Ohio State- I would know, i used to live in Columbus and man are those Buckeye fans crazy about their school. Football games are the best times of the year for OSU fans), Northwestern, Tennessee, and every other school has fans that are ignorant and self-centered. Every school has fans that think that their team is the best. So, to hate Illinois b/c some of the fans are dicks is just stupid. My best friend is a huge Tennessee fan and can get really annoying when talking about Tennessee. Sometimes it pisses me off b/c he acts like Tennessee football is better than every other school, but this doesn't make he hate Tennessee. It just makes me hate watching Tennessee football games w/ him b/c he's so damn biased and he gets way to excited when anything good happens. LOL ;)

Im trying to figure out why Illinois fans who are also Sox fans cant have a thread for each game in a message board that is called "THE SPORTS BAR". Thats what that board is for, OTHER TOPICS, which would include games of OTHER SPORTS! I know i have started a lot of Illinois threads this year for b-ball, but thats because I know other Illini fans are out there on this board.

And personally, whoever got the idea that Illini fans are cocky, I have no idea why, cocky fans cheer for a team thats actually won a national title or two in the last 50 years, not a team that hasnt been to the final 4 in 15 years!

To whoever the 8 were who voted for the Illini here they need to go find a new message board to post on.

I was one of the 8! And if you read my profile, you'll see that White Sox are 2nd to Illinois b-ball and f-ball. Im a sports animal, and I root for all my favorite teams with so much passion, that its probably not even healthy. So your saying I cant post here now because I cheer for Illinois(a college sport no less)???

So your saying I cant post here now because I cheer for Illinois(a college sport no less)???

That is just like you asking who the 4 who voted for the cubs on the other topic were and how stupid that question was. I believe this topic is way dumber than the other cause we love the sox and would rather see a team who hasn't won anything since the Babe was still playing than anything whatsoever.

That is just like you asking who the 4 who voted for the cubs on the other topic were and how stupid that question was. I believe this topic is way dumber than the other cause we love the sox and would rather see a team who hasn't won anything since the Babe was still playing than anything whatsoever.

Yes, but the Cubs and Illini are different ends of the spectrum. I, like most Sox fans despise the Cubs with all my heart, where, say in college, i hate Duke and most of all ACC teams, but I'd still rather have Duke win it all then see the Cubs do anything good.

By saying you like the Cubs, then why would you be on this message board. I know some people do like both teams, and do not understand the rivalry of the 2 teams, but why does it matter either way that your a fan of a completely different sport to be posting on a Sox site???

On a side note: Why cant Illinois fans LOVE the sox too? I love all my favorite teams, it just so happens Sox are #2 on my list ahead of the Bulls, Cowboys, and Blackhawks.

Yes, but the Cubs and Illini are different ends of the spectrum.  I, like most Sox fans despise the Cubs with all my heart, where, say in college, i hate Duke and most of all ACC teams, but I'd still rather have Duke win it all then see the Cubs do anything good.

By saying you like the Cubs, then why would you be on this message board. I know some people do like both teams, and do not understand the rivalry of the 2 teams, but why does it matter either way that your a fan of a completely different sport to be posting on a Sox site???

I didn't say I like the cubs, nor will I ever, but saying you rather see Illinois win it more than the sox is absolutely ludacris. After all these years we yawn to see the sox in a World Series and win it. This town, and Country will go absolutely crazy. Noone really gives a damn what Illinois does cause not many people follow them. Only the major sports and the major teams are worth watching. I hope I see the Sox win the World Series before I die.

I didn't say I like the cubs, nor will I ever, but saying you rather see Illinois win it more than the sox is absolutely ludacris. After all these years we yawn to see the sox in a World Series and win it. This town, and Country will go absolutely crazy. Noone really gives a damn what Illinois does cause not many people follow them. Only the major sports and the major teams are worth watching. I hope I see the Sox win the World Series before I die.

Haha, now your just stating an opinion. We all have different opinions, and mine is that I want Illinois to win a national title before the Sox winning a world series. How is an opinion ludacris?? I would kill for a Sox world series, absolutely go nuts! But I'd go just a tad more crazy because I personally would rather have Illinois win.

Noone really gives a damn what Illinois does cause not many people follow them.

Just because you think that no one cares about Illinois (who told you this?) doesnt mean I dont have a right to my own opinion. And I would question that last part of that statement, I bet there are as many people that follow the Sox that follow Illlinois as well.

Haha, now your just stating an opinion.  We all have different opinions, and mine is that I want Illinois to win a national title before the Sox winning a world series.  How is an opinion ludacris??  I would kill for a Sox world series, absolutely go nuts!  But I'd go just a tad more crazy because I personally would rather have Illinois win.   

Just because you think that no one cares about Illinois (who told you this?) doesnt mean I dont have a right to my own opinion.  And I would question that last part of that statement, I bet there are as many people that follow the Sox that follow Illlinois as well.

I respect your opinion, but that'slike saying why you would question the 4 who would rather see the cubs win it. That's their opinion on the version. I'm sure many people do follow Illinois, but more people would know more about major sports and collage. That's why the sox are more likely known to everyone in the world. I'm still very surprised you didn't pick them.