What Do You Prefer?

C.Rector

What Do You Want Most?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Want Most?

• Illini Win 2004 NCAA Basketball Championship
    • White Sox Win 2004 World Series

WhiteSox winning a world series hands down.... this city would go insane if we won a world title, and I know we'd remember it forever, rather than a college team that doesnt even play in chicago. I love college basketball but it's still only college.

I want a Sox World Series more than anything sports related, but, if yiou think Chicago would go nuts if the Sox won, you are high!

Very few people care about the Sox here, this is a cubs town. It's like if the Blackhawks won a Cup, who would give a rat's ass?

Would we want band wagon jumpers anyway? I think not!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect your opinion, but that'slike saying why you would question the 4 who would rather see the cubs win it. That's their opinion on the version. I'm sure many people do follow Illinois, but more people would know more about major sports and collage. That's why the sox are more likely known to everyone in the world. I'm still very surprised you didn't pick them.

Lol, well, at least this argument has given me something to do. But seriously though, I like the Sox just as much as most everyone on this board. I will watch 160 of the 162 games, and support Carlos more than anyone I know ( well, and Heather Lee, where ever she went :rolleyes: ) But my support for Illinois is 10 fold, I put more research into Illinois than the Sox. For example, im such an Illinois nut, that i've got 4 seasons of their games on tape, created 500 or so pages of box scores, recaps, and summarys into a binder for each of their last 4 seasons. And as far as clothing goes, I literally have about 20 Illinois shirts and sweatshirts, 3 Illini coats, and 5 hats. So, as you can see, I am absolutely crazy about Illinois sports, and this is why i voted for them.

I want a Sox World Series more than anything sports related, but, if yiou think Chicago would go nuts if the Sox won, you are high!

Very few people care about the Sox here, this is a cubs town. It's like if the Blackhawks won a Cup, who would give a rat's ass?

This town would go crazy and I'll tell you why. There are a ton of people who will root for the team that has a good record. I remember some of my friends were so called "sox fans" when they rooted for the cubs when they were in 1st last season as vise-versa. I bet we would be shown more if we actually win a playoff series. I remeber back in the middle 90's theyre were a ton of sox fans crowding Commisky. But theyre were alot of angry sox fans cause of the strike. If this team can go to distance, those sox fans who are still holding that grudge (and the bandwagon jumpers who will root for the sox when they are good) will go crazy.

I agree that most here wouldn't want the bandwagon jumpers here in the hypothetical situation that the sox actually won something.

BUT.... I do believe the entire city would go nuts if Chicago won any major sport championship....

Chicago is NOT a basketball town, and look what happened during those 6 Bulls championships... Heck look what happened when jordan came back for those 17 games in the 95 season.

The 92 Stanley cup finals, the city was primed for a party. They got one... It was just a few weeks later with the second bulls championship...

We've seen the reverence with which we hold our lone Superbowl championship team, I believe that reverence would be simillar for ANY baseball team in the city of chicago who produced a World Series Championship. The Sox may not have as many nationwide fans as the cubbies, but they would surely be coming out of the woodwork if they were ever to put a championship team on the field.