No Enthusiasm?

DBAHO

Guess it helps to have the entire story before spouting off.  Agreed, mumetyfour is out of line, but assume he will admit it.

One thing is for certain, though. His wife wasn't paying attention. And this is what I'm saying.

We're talking about an infant here who's head is about as fragile as an egg, for Christ's sake. Like I said earlier in this thread, a 5 or 6 year old kid could withstand something like this. Plus, what's the point of the infant being there if he can't enjoy it? What's next? Are you going to take him to the movies? The zoo? The circus? Maybe go bowling? What's the point? Hire a babysitter.

And I'm pretty f***ing far from uncompassionate, or otherwise, I'd have never said anything in the first place. Of course I feel bad for Crede, and I'm not going to hold this against him considering that they were behind a net, which is fine as long as the person with the infant pays attention to every pitch.

I was also pretty drunk last night, so I might not have taken this as seriously as I did if the situation were otherwise. Still a moment of clarity, regardless.

One thing is for certain, though.  His wife wasn't paying attention.  And this is what I'm saying.

We're talking about an infant here who's head is about as fragile as an egg, for Christ's sake.  Like I said earlier in this thread, a 5 or 6 year old kid could withstand something like this.  Plus, what's the point of the infant being there if he can't enjoy it?  What's next?  Are you going to take him to the movies?  The zoo?  The circus?  Maybe go bowling?  What's the point?  Hire a babysitter.

And I'm pretty f***ing far from uncompassionate, or otherwise, I'd have never said anything in the first place.  Of course I feel bad for Crede, and I'm not going to hold this against him considering that they were behind a net, which is fine as long as the person with the infant pays attention to every pitch.

I was also pretty drunk last night, so I might not have taken this as seriously as I did if the situation were otherwise.  Still a moment of clarity, regardless.

How do we know she was not paying attention? Maybe she was watching Joe for a little bit, ya know, her husband and the reason she was at the game? Hopefully the child is okay.

Well, maybe she had gotten her attention taken away from the game because of the wolves that were sitting two rows infront of them. She may have heard them talking about eating sheep and all, but to give the wolves a break, they were paying attention. While most women hate baseball, most wolves love it. I also heard they were some vampires, octopuses, and a few racecars at the game. Thank goodness no baby vampire, octopus, or racecar got hit. :ph34r: :unsure:

Well, maybe she had gotten her attention taken away from the game because of the wolves that were sitting two rows infront of them. She may have heard them talking about eating sheep and all, but to give the wolves a break, they were paying attention. While most women hate baseball, most wolves love it. I also heard they were some vampires, octopuses, and a few racecars at the game. Thank goodness no baby vampire, octopus, or racecar got hit. :ph34r:  :unsure:

Okay man, the least that you could do is keep it relevant. You think that Crede will ever have is infant at a game again unless they're in a suite? He learned his lesson.

Hey, whatever man.  I'll dring an 1/8 of jack and I'll still have more sense than to jeopardize an infant's life.

94, you are an idiot, plain and simple. You have no clue about what happened. Then you admit you were drunk when you typed it and still try to defend your point.

The point is, player's wives are almost always very conscious of their young ones at a game and always make a point to sit behind the netting to protect themselves as well as their children. Whether she was paying attention or not, a ball that ricochets off something else and bounces in an unexpected direction may not be avoidable.

I have seen many people get hit at stadiums. Some could have avoided it and others could not, unless they just weren't at the ballpark at all. Hell, I have seen a woman get hit inside a suite before.

Before you pop off and act like people are being careless, think a moment. Perhaps you will realize that they were being smarter than the act of you popping off like an idiot.

One thing is for certain, though.  His wife wasn't paying attention.  And this is what I'm saying.

We're talking about an infant here who's head is about as fragile as an egg, for Christ's sake.  Like I said earlier in this thread, a 5 or 6 year old kid could withstand something like this.  Plus, what's the point of the infant being there if he can't enjoy it?  What's next?  Are you going to take him to the movies?  The zoo?  The circus?  Maybe go bowling?  What's the point?  Hire a babysitter.

And I'm pretty f***ing far from uncompassionate, or otherwise, I'd have never said anything in the first place.  Of course I feel bad for Crede, and I'm not going to hold this against him considering that they were behind a net, which is fine as long as the person with the infant pays attention to every pitch.

I was also pretty drunk last night, so I might not have taken this as seriously as I did if the situation were otherwise.  Still a moment of clarity, regardless.

Usually I wouldn't know something like this, but the whole foul ball was weird. It went well behind her, bounced back and up into the canope and then shot down on her babies head.

You wouldn't at all expect something like that to happen. From what I saw, she was watching the game at the time. I had no idea it was Crede's wife, but like I said, I was a section over and right in the same row.