RIP: They died in Iraq

Texsox

And that will never change? Look at all the countries and dictators we have proped up, sold weapons systems to, and then they turned on us. There is no way to be assured that any country will not turn on the US.

I was actually thinking about that yesterday while watching the history channel special about one year after Iraq. I was wondering how long before this government we are helping to create in Iraq turns on us...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar slanted history is NOT being taught on the other side, not even close!

I would love to see proof that it is (was)!

:bringit

History is being written by the victors, through their eyes. Of course there will be a bias. Do you think the Mexican American war is explained the same in the US and Mexico? How about America's independence, same in England and here? You can believe that Israels view point is 100% correct and accurate.

Do you think Rosa Parks and George Wallace would write the same history book? Which one would be "correct"?

And that will never change? Look at all the countries and dictators we have proped up, sold weapons systems to, and then they turned on us. There is no way to be assured that any country will not turn on the US.

The have a LOT more to worry about here in the US than Israel turning on us! And Israel has a lot more pressing issues than becoming an enemy of the US...LIKE SURVIVING!!!

Israel would/could never turn it's back on the US, that would be suicide!

History is being written by the victors, through their eyes. Of course there will be a bias. Do you think the Mexican American war is explained the same in the US and Mexico? How about America's independence, same in England and here? You can believe that Israels view point is 100% correct and accurate.

Do you think Rosa Parks and George Wallace would write the same history book? Which one would be "correct"?

Show me a shred of evidence!!!!!

I can tell you for a fact that Ireland and England write the same history entirely differently. My family is from Ireland, but my aunt and her family moved to London about 15 years ago (right before my grandpa passed away) and was telling us about the history books my cousins had in school.

I am still waiting for Sideshow to say one positive thing about the US...he badmouths EVERYTHING, yet lives here, makes his living here, enjoys our freedoms, etc. There must be something here that you appreciate. Enlighten us!

And you stated in another thread that Israel was right 99.5% of the time. Same error, different side of the coin.

Can you imagine any country being 99.5% correct and not wanting to live there?

Israel4Ever

I honestly feel that Israel is 99.5% in the right

Is Israel teaching your point of view that Israel is 99.5% right, or my friend's, whose children spent 3 years living in Tel Aviv, who believes Israel has a much greater degree of fault?

Israel, I am not going to get in a debate with you over Israel. You will never admit that Israel has done anything wrong. It would be stupid for me to even try. You can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep.

You live in your fantasy world and please hold onto your dream that Israel is the perfect land with perfect leaders always doing the perfect thing. I would hate for that bubble to ever burst. They are the only country that writes their history perfect with perfect impartiality. Since they are 99.5% right, of course their books are correct.

God has truly blessed Israel with such perfection.

:wub:

Israel would/could never turn it's back on the US, that would be suicide!

Show me one shred of evidence that Israel will never turn it's back. Show me one shred of evidence they wouldn't use a nuke on us.

Show me one shred of evidence that Israel will never turn it's back. Show me one shred of evidence they wouldn't use a nuke on us.

Here's a little evidence that Israel would f*** with us, Tex.

http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/moorer-liberty.htm

In the following article, a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff accuses Israel of intentionally attacking the USS Liberty. This conclusion was reached by an independent commission comprised of the following:

Admiral Thomas Moorer: former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (under President Nixon)

Four-Star General Ray Davis: former Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps, and the most-decorated living Marine until his recent death (his honors include the Purple Heart, two Silver Stars, a Bronze Star, two Legion of Merit awards, and the Congressional Medal of Honor)

Rear Admiral Merlin Staring: former Judge Advocate General of the Navy

Admiral James Akins: former United States Ambassador to Saudi Arabia

This essay originally appeared in the Houston Chronicle, 09 Jan 2004.

As far as I'm concerned all these countries posses the weapons we should be most concerned about

Countries with Nuclear Weapons Capability

* Acknowledged: Britain, China, France, India, Pakistan, Russia, United States

* Unacknowledged: Israel

* Seeking: Iran, North Korea

Anyone of them could have a security lapse and allow terrorists, either outside their country or from within to steal these weapons.

Here's a little evidence that Israel would f*** with us, Tex.

http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/moorer-liberty.htm

In the following article, a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff accuses Israel of intentionally attacking the USS Liberty. This conclusion was reached by an independent commission comprised of the following:

Admiral Thomas Moorer: former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (under President Nixon)

Four-Star General Ray Davis: former Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps, and the most-decorated living Marine until his recent death (his honors include the Purple Heart, two Silver Stars, a Bronze Star, two Legion of Merit awards, and the Congressional Medal of Honor)

Rear Admiral Merlin Staring: former Judge Advocate General of the Navy

Admiral James Akins: former United States Ambassador to Saudi Arabia

This essay originally appeared in the Houston Chronicle, 09 Jan 2004.

I wonder who's right here? The US government or Israel.

As far as I'm concerned all these countries posses the weapons we should be most concerned about

Countries with Nuclear Weapons Capability

* Acknowledged: Britain, China, France, India, Pakistan, Russia, United States

* Unacknowledged: Israel

* Seeking: Iran, North Korea

Anyone of them could have a security lapse and allow terrorists, either outside their country or from within to steal these weapons.

I would say your list is a little old and should have North Korea shifted to "acknowledged". They are still trying to perfect delivery systems though.

I would say your list is a little old and should have North Korea shifted to "acknowledged".  They are still trying to perfect delivery systems though.

It's ok, it would be suicide for them to attac US

Similar slanted history is NOT being taught on the other side, not even close!

I would love to see proof that it is (was)!

Israel, they probably dont believe that they're being taught a slanted history either... just as we dont. The truth, the actual truth, can never really be obtained. It is human nature to, sometimes inadvertantly, skew the truth to fit your needs. Just the way it is.

Israel is the only real ally that the US has!!!

Really. Your blind love with Israel is one of the world's wonders. I hope one day you find a mate you could love as unconditionally as you love Israel. Maybe one day you could actually visit Israel or even live there.

Would you like to explain how Britian, Canada, Spain, and Australia are not true allies? I do not know why I even bother, I guess it must be that this is just so funny.

Israel, they probably dont believe that they're being taught a slanted history either... just as we dont.  The truth, the actual truth, can never really be obtained.  It is human nature to, sometimes inadvertantly, skew the truth to fit your needs.  Just the way it is.

everywhere except Israel!

Really.  Your blind love with Israel is one of the world's wonders. I hope one day you find a mate you could love as unconditionally as you love Israel.  Maybe one day you could actually visit Israel or even live there. 

Would you like to explain how Britian, Canada, Spain, and Australia are not true allies? I do not know why I even bother, I guess it must be that this is just so funny.

Where were these Eurpoean countries when we invaded Iraq?

The UK and Australia supported us, who else did?

Canada harbors terrorist groups, openly let Hamas and Hezbollah campaign for funds...That's an ally???

As much as I love Israel, you hate Israel. The difference is, you have no reason to hate Israel, except MAYBE for that fact that it's a Jewish state!

You are a hater!

Where were these Eurpoean countries when we invaded Iraq?

The UK and Australia supported us, who else did?

Canada harbors terrorist groups, openly let Hamas and Hezbollah campaign for funds...That's an ally???

As much as I love Israel, you hate Israel. The difference is, you have no reason to hate Israel, except MAYBE for that fact that it's a Jewish state!

You are a hater!

So did Spain. See also 3-11.

Yikes. I was worried about a hypothetical situation, I had no idea it may have already happened.

And why the hell are they spying on us? Link

Same reason we're spying on them!!!!

BTW, I believe Pollard should have been imprisoned, I also believe that the "secrets" he was to have stolen should have been shared with Israel.