South Side Irish Parade

Flash Tizzle

Surprised there has been no thread dedicated to this holy day among us of Irish descent. Anyone that lives in the vicinity of the parade route knows how wild it gets; for that alone its worth the trip. If your considering the day on the South side don't bring your kids, because this isn't a family orientated event.

Last year I parked 3 or 4 blocks west of Kedzie and had to walk all the way to Western Ave. I would recommend arriving early and leaving early (or staying late)....just avoid going home when its over.

Many people complain about the rampant drinking......well for that I would tell them to go to the Downtown Irish parade and bore yourself to death. South side Irish parade is where the party is at, and hopefully many of you (like me) will be sporting your sox apparel while pounding down a few.

:headbang :usa :cheers :drink

I saw on the news down here before, there was a big Irish parade in Sydney today. We get sumthin like 100,000 tourist down to Oz every year, there were definitely a lot down here when the rugby world cup was on last year. Of course anything Irish is a good excuse to get drunk. :cheers

I think I'm the only member of my extended family to ever have moved out of a two-mile area straddling south Western. My Lil' Bro lives on Oakley, a 1-block stumble from the parade, so ehether he invites them or not - heck, whether he's home or not - the entire extended clan makes their way to his place after the parade. He was busy putting in a new downstairs toilet and picking up a cpuple of kegs of Guinness today, as he has decided it's easier than moving and not giving family members a forwarding address. :D

Hoist a few for me if you get out there. But don't throw up on my high school girlfriend's family's lawn - I found out the hard way her dad really doesn't like that. :puke

Slainte'

I avoid that parade at all costs.  Too many drunks.  (Being half Irish and that half comes from a dad who's from Ireland).  Brian is 3/4 Irish as well.  He refuses to go on the same grounds.

Well, having grown up in Beverly, I can assure you that all the drunks are from Evergreen Park! I mean, all the bars are on their side of Western, not ours, right?

Well, having grown up in Beverly, I can assure you that all the drunks are from Evergreen Park!  I mean, all the bars are on their side of Western, not ours, right?

LOL - I can guarantee there are plenty from Mount Greenwood as well. :o :lol: