which sport has best postseason?

Which sport do you think has the best postseason?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which sport do you think has the best postseason?

• MLB- playoffs (best of 5 and 7 series depending on round)
    • College Football - Bowl Games
    • College Baskeball- March Madness (single elimination playoffs)
    • Pro Football- playoffs (single elimination)
    • Pro Basketball- playoffs (best of 5 and 7 series depending on round)

Personally, my favorite postseason for any sport is College Basketball's March Madness. It by far beats any other sport's postseason. There's nothing more exciting than March Madness. :headbang

oh, and it's come to my attention that the in the NBA playoffs, every series is 7 games since last year. I had forgotten that they changed it.

Sorry, I've never really payed attention to the Stanley Cup playoffs so I didn't put it on there. How does the NHL's playoff system work? How many games are played in each round? I know the Stanley Cup is 7 games, but what about the rounds before that?

Hockey is so f***ing boring during the playoffs. Too many teams are allowed to participate, and some of the games go WAY too long (last year's 5 OT, rediculous.) The NBA needs to Cut down on the number of teams allowed in the playoffs also.

Personally, my choice is not on your list.

The NHL has THE BEST postseason of any sport, hands down.

The action becomes more intense, goals are at a premium, there are more overtime and multiple-overtime games than any other playoffs, and there are more huge first-round upsets in the hockey playoffs than in any other sport.

Just another reason why, when played correctly ( read: not cheaply and not constant thuggery ), hockey is the best sport known to man.

i wouldve voted Hockey.  Those playoff are so intense, and there always seems to be a game 7 triple OT.  Those games are unbelivable, too bad we can never see the hawks in playoff contention.

Which series was it that 6 of 7 games went to overtime? Dallas - Anaheim maybe. I know they had that 5 overtime game.

Seeing how all of Pro Sports except Football have the same format I have to go with football.  The "loser goes home" single game elimination makes the games that much more exciting.

BINGO!!! :headbang That excites me the most. The "winner moves on, loser goes home" type thing is great. The players give 110% just to move on to the next round. It's very exciting cause the game is so close. March March Madness is a close second.

I know hockey postseason is good, I hate hockey otherwise, but Im a college nut, so im bias towards March Madness. The fact that no one can predict what is gonna happen makes it so fun to watch. The first weekend(Thurs-Sun) is amazing, and its so gripping that I cant even move from the couch.

I think this year I am going to get the $9.99 March Madness thing on Ncaasports.com where you can see all the games streaming on your computer. Ill have to take advantage of my 50 foot LAN cable, hopefully it will reach downstairs to the TV. :D

Gotta go with March Madness first, probably NFL playoffs second.

NHL Playoffs are near the bottom.  Home ice advantage sucks, the lower seeds win a lot (making the 14 month regular season even more pointless), it's way too long, and, well, it's hockey.

The underdog would win even more if it was one game, that would make the regular season really pointless. Home ice is super important, the Hawks are a .500 team at home this year, I don't think I need to tell you what their road record is. Hockey playoffs are crazy exciting.

you didnt make hockey a choice. By far, hockey is the best. The tempo picks up, the hitting picks up, intense rivalries especially when it goes 7. The college basketball playoffs are great, but the atmosphere of hockey playoffs is like no other. It's just amazing, especially when you are there in person. When the Binghamton Senators came from behind to take the lead over Hamilton last year, it was so loud in there. Just a wonderful atmosphere. Hard to imagine anything better, at least in my opinion

In any competition of this sort, baseball always wins in my mind.

Does anyone think the timing of this poll has any bearing on March Madness doing so well?  :huh

The only thing I would have voted for over March Madness is the Indiana HS basketball tournament, pre-classbasketball. I wouldn't have cared if it was October, March, or July, I would have voted for the dance out of the choices that were up there.

I'm with many of the others.  The NHL playoffs are the most intense and the best by far.  They go at it hard for up to 7 games and then shake hands when it is all over.

...and also screws me by always going to overtime when baseball tonight is starting at 9!!! :angry: I swear every playoff hockey game goes to overtime, whether its your classic boring 0-0 game or the high scoring 6-6 game.