bullpen

Ishmookie

He showed me 14 wins in 2002 when he was healthy.  I have plenty of confidence in Danny Wright.

He also posted a 5.18 ERA that season. But, he is our fifth starter, so I guess that isn't the worst ERA for a 5th starter, but I think we can at least make an attempt at doing better.

Danny's problem is he leaves way, way too many pitches right over the heart of the plate. He'll be going strong, and then he'll leave that rolling curve right down the pipe, and boom, it's outta here...

Look at it this way guys. He won 14 games and had a 5+ ERA in 2002. Last year, he had to pitch while not 100%. He wasn't successful as a starter but seemed to pick it up a notch out of the pen. He might have learned a little bit about "pitching" rather than "throwing", since he was not up to par health wise. He's got the stuff, we all seem to agree on that. Maybe now he has the smarts to be a decent starter. I'm willing to give him a shot and find out before we ship him off and he wins 18 games elsewhere.